Miranda IM

Thread: Message goes to every opened contact

Message goes to every opened contact

I have Miranda 0.5.0.57, today I wrote a message and instead to send the message to the the contact I want. The message was written to every contact which I'd opened in a tab.

This is an option of tabsrmm... on the button bar, at the very right, you will see a small arrow. Click it, and select 'Send Default'.

'Send to container' send to all tabs in the current window.

1. I can not see this arrow, I see only the icons for history, quote, close session and send.
    2. I send the message on ctrl+enter some messages went, to the active contact, some to the oppened.

I already replied to the same question of yours in the ICQ thread (what made you choose that thread anyway?).

The down-arrow is at the right of the SEND button.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugwash
    The down-arrow is at the right of the SEND button.
    Assuming that he is using TabSrmm ... but he might be using Scriver :S The versioninfo Lazlo asked for in the other thread would really have been helpful!

Oh well ...

Mr._Hockey, if you are using Scriver, please make sure that you do not press down the Shift key - apart from Ctrl and Enter - when sending a message. CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (in older versions that used to be CTRL+ALT+ENTER) is a default shortcut to send the message to all open tabs.

I always forget about tabSRMM's step-cousin. My apologies. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tara
    Assuming that he is using TabSrmm ... but he might be using Scriver :S The versioninfo Lazlo asked for in the other thread would really have been helpful!

Oh well ...

Mr._Hockey, if you are using Scriver, please make sure that you do not press down the Shift key - apart from Ctrl and Enter - when sending a message. CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (in older versions that used to be CTRL+ALT+ENTER) is a default shortcut to send the message to all open tabs.
    That could be the problem, can I deactivate this?

I may be wrong but I do not think it's possible.

You might post this as a feature request in Scriver's discussion thread [link] and hopefully the_leech will consider adding an ability to disable the shortcut (or an option to set your own one instead).

EDIT:

The latest version of Scriver (2.3.2.8) solves the problem by displaying a confirmation dialog when the message is going to be sent to all open tabs.
    Last edited by Tara; 26 Jun 2006 at 10:02 PM.