Miranda IM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link color

Link color

hey all i am having trouble changing the text color of links. if i change it were it says it doesnt do anything and is black,i have serched the forum and it still wont change, can anyone help.
    Last edited by ducks; 26 May 2006 at 11:46 PM.

Are you using IEView? Which messagins plugin are you using? SRMM, TabSRMM, Scriver...?

Link colors usually have to be changed in your Internet Explorer. I can tell you where, in Windows98SE: Internet Options > General > Colors.
    However, given my (bad) experience with XP, I can tell you that it may be a little harder to find such setting on that OS. It's worth a try, though.

On XP that setting is in the same place.

And when IEView is used in Miranda, then the colour of links is usually specified in the IEView template (.ivt) or stylesheet (.css).

Related question (although it's not that much a Miranda issue): how to change the colour of links in Scriver/TabSrmm when IEView is not enabled? They are blue then and - unless I'm wrong - it's how RichEdit paints them. So, does anyone know how to make RichEdit paint them with some other colour? Any tips/links will be appreciated!

i am not using ieview and i have tabsrmm, but when i change the background color to any color other than black hte links are blue and underlined but when it is black the link's color is black as well

You'll have to upgrade your richedit library. I just checked here with tabSRMM and my links appear white when background color is black. I have RichEdit 5.0 (product version 5.50.30.2002). Found it bundled with a DC++ client called DCDM.

Apologies for quoting myself, but I think it's probably better not to start a new topic with this as the question is still related to this thread ... I just want to make sure the issue has not been overlooked :S

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Related question (although it's not that much a Miranda issue): how to change the colour of links in Scriver/TabSrmm when IEView is not enabled? [And in History++] They are blue then and - unless I'm wrong - it's how RichEdit paints them. So, does anyone know how to make RichEdit paint them with some other colour? Any tips/links will be appreciated!
    Please ... I do realize that there is no special setting anywhere, but maybe some hex editing could help? I would really love to be able to replace that blue with something else and it seems that the only way now is changing the background to black ...

:(

I have the SAME exact problem, ive tried everything, and I just updated my Richedit thing, and it still dosent work.

Ducks, try changing the color to RBG (27,27,27) , id really like to know if that changes your links back to blue.

In case someone would like to post about the same issue as xDaYSx's, this reply in a similar topic should clarify a few things:

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    There is NO way to fix it. Period.

The rich edit control tries to be smart and select the proper color for links but appears to be too dumb to get it right with every possible background color. This problem even exists in word or wordpad and basically all applications which are based on the rich edit control (try to edit a word document, insert a link and set the background color for the paragraph to a dark color - link *may* keep its dark blue color - or maybe not, sometimes it changes color, but not always).

The only way to get it fixed is to try a different background color. I've seen reports where people managed to get a white (or light gray) color for hyperlinks when using a darkish background. But the entire thing seems to involve some "magic"...

Note that this only applies to the default message log when using the rich edit control. IEView allows to set the link color either via IE options or by a style sheet.
    Sorry for reposting, but since the other thread had been closed, members might tend to neglect it and want to post here instead not having read that reply - and it does seem to explain a lot. If a mod could move it to this topic, replacing my post, it would be most helpful. Thanks in advance :)