Miranda IM

Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,517 of 1517

Thread: Skype Protocol Discussion

Hi,

As I cannot reproduce the problem and nobody was willing to debug it (as already described here), there isn't much I can do, I need your help with it.

If Skype client isn't sending notifications about the message, there is not much we can do other than downgrading to patched Version 3 or 5 which are still working fine, because there is no official support for Skype API anymore, so we cannot complain to Microsoft and tell them to fix the bug.
    For Miranda NG users, I suggest using patched Skypekit, works fine too.

Btw.: I also implemented SkypeKit support into imo2sproxy, if anyone is interested, I can release my version which then also provides skypekit support for Miranda IM.

Quote Originally Posted by leecher View Post
    Hi,

As I cannot reproduce the problem and nobody was willing to debug it (as already described here), there isn't much I can do, I need your help with it.
    I think it is rather a problem of communication, as some people there would surely be willing to help in Miranda NG forums (here and here).

Of course I could post your request in Miranda NG forums and their replies in this forums, but i think it would be easier if you could join Miranda NG forums and handle it yourself, wouldn't it? Also we would need NG-compatible binaries to debug.

EDIT: I will post a link to this debug build in Miranda NG forums and tell you the reply.

EDIT2: Posted
    Last edited by FREAK_THEMIGHTY; 29 Oct 2014 at 2:47 PM.

Seems to have been a change to the MSN protocol as MS changes/launches some new skype services. Platform still operational of course but some chatter here seems to indicate a patch will be needed to update an appID or something.
    If you could push out a patch sometime soon for this small change to the plugin would be much appreciated

http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2...e-temporarily/

cheers

Hm, this thread is about the skype plugin which accesses Skype through the Skype Desktop API of the Skype client, not about native MSN protocol, I think you hit the wrong thread here :)

It came to my attention that latest Skype versions don't seem to send back "SENT" notifications via the API channel so that every Message send seems to time out in Miranda, can somebody confirm this?
    Should I add an option to not check send confirmations to circumvent this new problem?

As Skype API gets more and more ruined with every new version of the client, I think it's time to look ahead. The future seems to be the MSNP24 protocol. Skype is currently in the process of removing the Skype protocol on netowrk level and replacing it with MSN.
    I think I will therefore wait for the bitlbee MSN protocol reverse engineering project to create a C library for accessing the new MSN protocol:

http://wiki.dequis.org/projects/msn/

I don't know if it's better if the MSN protocol writers implement this or if I shuold add a bridge to it into the Skype Protocol client. Maybe it's better to turn over development to the Miranda MSN protocol writers as they have more experience with the base protocol. However it seems bokra disappered? Or is he still around?

And in case somebody wants to mention the new Skype Web Beta: It also only supports MSNP24 protocol, I checked this. So it is only compatible with users of new Skype clients which already supports MSN protocol, old Skype clients just appear offline and the web user appears offline to the old Skype clients, so it is incompatible.

I've only experienced timeouts for users of mobile Skype so far (iCrap primarily).
    The message will get sent… eventually. In a minute, or in an hour… but I'm moving my contacts to XMPP while I still can contact them. If the situation with Skype would go down at last, I wouldn't care a little bit.
    However, faking SENT message would help with offline messaging, as well, so I think it's worth adding.

Newest Skype version now also doesn't send Status updates of the online status of other contacts via API anymore.
    Hopefully MSN protocol devs are already working on MSNP24, in the meantime I urge users to downgrade, there is nothing I can do...

Under these circumstances it doesn't make sense for me to update the plugin anymore...