Miranda IM

Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Skype Protocol Discussion

hi, will the nws SMS feature be integrated into Miranda?

i've a question, is there a way to don't let the message window of the oficial spyke popup? i would like to chat using the miranda message window, but when someone answers, i get two popup windows (the one of miranda, and the other one of skype)

Quote Originally Posted by nms04
    i've a question, is there a way to don't let the message window of the oficial spyke popup? i would like to chat using the miranda message window, but when someone answers, i get two popup windows (the one of miranda, and the other one of skype)
    This can be configure within the skype program options.

im not sure if it was mentioned here, but i gess not yet:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Skyp...ked/1152901852

I wonder, that if the knowledge of 'chinese software company' will be shared, is there a slight chance for a full skype protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    im not sure if it was mentioned here, but i gess not yet:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Skyp...ked/1152901852

I wonder, that if the knowledge of 'chinese software company' will be shared, is there a slight chance for a full skype protocol?
    Unlikely to happen.

http://www.voipwiki.com/blog/ - this has an interesting article (the posting with the "official statement" from those who are said to have "cracked" the skype protocol).

Looks more like skype will get some competition...

it will be still nice to have skype protocol plugin for MirandaIM because what i dislike is super-node mode of Skype (if You have 5+ mbit connection with forwarded ports You know what i mean) ...

this mode turns Your running skype into network middleman for other computers in Skype network , all You need is good CPU and bandwidth and Skype idling active ....

while plugin for MIM will act only sender/receiver not some sort of 'HUB' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden
    it will be still nice to have skype protocol plugin for MirandaIM because what i dislike is super-node mode of Skype (if You have 5+ mbit connection with forwarded ports You know what i mean) ...

this mode turns Your running skype into network middleman for other computers in Skype network , all You need is good CPU and bandwidth and Skype idling active ....

while plugin for MIM will act only sender/receiver not some sort of 'HUB' ...
    This is nonsense, actually. Supernodes are an essential part of the skype network (and not only there), and are needed to ensure a properly functional network. If everybody would think that kind of egoistic, the entire network wouldn't work as it currently does.

If you cannot agree that a network uses your system for this kind of communications, then don't connect to it. Very simple.

is there any hope to see the issue of miranda not exiting cause of skype plugin solved..? :|

thanks

Is anyone else experiencing problems with non-english characters like in received messages? They are not shown correctly for me.
    =
    =
    = (a square)
    =
    I'm on a German system and the other one was on a British English system.
    In the original Skype, they are just fine... It looks like a problem with the Unicode conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrle
    huh, it is so annoying bug !
    only medicament for me is to untick "shut down skype when you close miranda".
    i have that option unticked, and it still hangs for me.. :(