Miranda IM

Thread: Which Smiley pack to choose?

Which Smiley pack to choose?

Hello.

I don't use nor smileys, neither colors, but I want to understand other people that I talk to. That's why I thought I have to use IEView plugin and SmileyAdd with some pack(s).

But the problem is that 1) there are many packs, and 2) not all packs work with IEView. Now I have to choose a pack. So I'm asking: what pack is the most suitable for me? I'd prefer to have only one universal pack, and not several packs, neither a pack per protocol. If the chosen pack will lack some emoticons, I could suggest to its author to add them (e.g., not many packs support smileys from Tlen protocol, if at all). But of course, this work will be easier, if I choose a rich pack from the beginning. And since I want also to understand BBCodes, I have to enable IEView plugin, which requires only ASL-type smiley packs.

Help me to choose the richest pack, please.

Thank you.

Alex,

you need to use IEView if you want to see animated smileys. SmileyAdd shows static smileys works with any smiley pack (provided it's does not have problems).

You don't need IEView to understand BBCodes, you do need TabSRMM though.

Quote Originally Posted by borkra
    Alex,

you need to use IEView if you want to see animated smileys. SmileyAdd shows static smileys works with any smiley pack (provided it's does not have problems).

You don't need IEView to understand BBCodes, you do need TabSRMM though.
    Currently I use Scriver, which I like more than tabSRMM. Probably this is the reason why I need IEView to support BBCodes. That's why not all smiley packs work, because IEView supports only ASL-based packs. I'm not sure if I need animated icons (nobody so far used them to send me a message; or maybe did, but the animation did not work in my configuration), but even static smileys not always work (because not all of them are ASL), and amount of those which work is also much more than 1. So I need to choose somehow, and this is the help I need. Sorry for maybe not so clear question.

Thank you.