Miranda IM

Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ICQ Protocol Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Vampik
    It's very strange and buggy. I was not able to set an avatar. Then I created a new profile and disabled all the plugins except clist_mw, icq and srmm. And the avatar was set successfully!! But it was not showing for ME in the Personal Detail -> Avatar tab after closing and reopening it. Then I switched to the main profile and became able to set avatars from it. In the main profile the avatar image in Personal Detail -> Avatar tab is not disappearing when reopening this dialog. There's issue about showing of the avatars - avatars are not linked to mToolTip through time (file is present but no "ContactPhoto" entry). For example, there is a downloaded avatar linked to mToolTip. The user changes his avatar --> I see the updated avatar in the userinfo -> avatar tab --> but the "ContactPhoto" entry for this contact disappears --> the user changes his avatar again --> I see the updated avatar in the userinfo -> avatar tab --> the "ContactPhoto" entry appears appears again --> the user changes his avatar once again --> I see the updated avatar in the userinfo -> avatar tab --> but the "ContactPhoto" entry for this contact disappears again!
    Hi, thanks for the report - it seemed to me like something strange was happening with the new linking to mToolTip - it really was (a missing brackets :)
    The problem with avatar image not appearing in the avatar tab - there is still some strange DB issues - the avatar hash just disappears from DB, dunno why... no error is returned...

The "ContactPhoto" entry also appears/disappears if the user reconnects. And I have a request - could you make path to the own avatar stored as relative?
    Hi, relative paths is not so important as the image is once on the server, it is not necessary to upload it again, the file is not needed anymore...
    I am thinking about another solution - if avatar is chosen I should make a copy into ICQ\ folder to make them all in one path...

Yes, this is a good solution too.

Yes, this is a good solution too.
    So, the these changes is now available in Alpha 10a, enjoy

my avatar isn't showing either
    my brother has ICQ 5 on his computer, and it shows I have no avatar at all..
    help?

Quote Originally Posted by Verwuestung
    my avatar isn't showing either
    my brother has ICQ 5 on his computer, and it shows I have no avatar at all..
    help?
    Hi, there are actually missing conversions so, the avatar MUST be JPG (or GIF) with maximal size 64x64 pixels. Is that your case ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe @ Whale
    So, the these changes is now available in Alpha 10a, enjoy
    I think it's not a right way to store the avatar file as "ICQ/avatar.jpg" since I have at least 2 ICQ accounts running at the same time for testing purposes. Maybe it should be better to store it as "ICQ/123456798.jpg" or "ICQ/avatar123456789.jpg" where 123456789 is a current UIN or not to store it at all?

I also want to mention a wrong client identification. Client is identified as IcyJuice for those who use JIT (Jabber ICQ Transport).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe @ Whale
    Hi, there are actually missing conversions so, the avatar MUST be JPG (or GIF) with maximal size 64x64 pixels. Is that your case ?
    YES!!! Avatar is working!!! Amazing!!!

I recommend avatars with the size 52x64, then they don't get deformed when displayed (well that is in icq 4 lite)

Oh, btw, it stays after reconnection and restart of miranda, so i guess you can say it's working (quite) stable