Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jabber.dll GMail mod - Jgmail
Miranda IM

Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabber.dll GMail mod - Jgmail

Jabber.dll GMail mod - Jgmail

I have made small mod to the original jabber.dll to support the GMail's "new mail notifications". If you are connected to Google talk service you will receive notification through PopUp.dll, sound and/or as fake contact instant message.

Downloads:

JGmail is part of mgoodies project where the sources are availble in the svn repository

<Important note>
    The binaries above require Miranda 4.3.x (testing builds).
    A build that support official Miranda 0.4.0.3 is available in the FL: Jabber.dll GMail mod 0.4.0.3.
    Alternatively there is StaticSSL build of the same version.
    </Important note>

Done:
    • JGmail specific options page
    • Implemented popup timeouts and colours in options page
    • Option to synchronize PC clock to Google server
    • Direct the default browser to show the received e-mail on popup click
    • Special sound for new e-mail notification
    • Icons library manager (IcoLib) support
    • Option to log in the history of virtual contact
    • Option to enable/disable chat logs on server
    • “stream version='1.0'” compliant
    • sasl authentication mechanisms – PLAIN and X-GOOGLE-TOKEN
    • Enabled connection to port 443 (useful with restrictive proxies)
    • For https connection needed for X-GOOGLE-TOKEN WinInet will be used if OpenSSL is not installed
    • delayed automatic re-request of the mailbox if last request failed
    • All options dialogs are collected in a single tabbed one
    • Show/Hide Expert settings now works
    • Visit GMail fake contact menu item
    • Unicode build supports Unicode popups (Tested with YAPP)
    • Most of the strings are translatable. Translation file is there
    Planed:
    • Configurable url/program on popup click

Notes:
    • The non-StaticSSL bulds require OpenSSL libraries for secure connections
    • There are many sites to download OpenSSL dlls. I use these
    • StaticSSL build are suitable for users who don't use OpenSSL for other plugins/programs
    • New e-mail notifications do not work with SSL. Use StartTLS or no encryption (Thanks "andrewabc" for the assistance to find that out)
    • Screenshots of advisable configurations are available for Win NT/2K/XP and Win 9x/ME.
    • It is known Single threaded PopUps make problems. To avoid them enable "Use Multiple Threads" PopUps advanced option or use YAPP instead of PopUp(+).
    Last edited by y_b; 19 Jul 2016 at 11:59 AM. Reason: migrating to saaplugin.now.im

Nice, I'll try it right away. While you're at it, could you please check why setting avatar won't work on 9x? See posts #8 and #10 here.
    Thanks a lot for your work! ;-)

[EDIT] Tried it. Weird things happened.

1. While the plug-in was active, I did not get any new mail notification. I closed Miranda and on reconnect, I got a mail notification popup.
    2. The popup would not follow the default timing; instead, it stayed on screen until I dismissed it.
    3. While the Jabber popup was on screen, a new popup appeared (Yahoo mail notification) and it got over the Jabber one, not above it, as it should have (!!!).
    4. The mail title in the popup text was Proba (Romanian for 'Test'), but the original message title was Probă (notice the last character ă, Romanian specific). I checked with the web interface of GMail and the title did look almost correctly (it has been replaced by the &#227; character in the English set, which is close enough to be accepted as a replacement). However, this character got changed to a somewhere before getting displayed in the popup.
    I know for sure that PopupPlus works correctly regarding Romanian characters (I get them correctly from my contacts), so it has to be something in the Jabber plug-in. Needless to say I'm using Win98SE.

Good start, nevertheless. Keep it up! :-)
    Last edited by Drugwash; 7 Dec 2005 at 2:58 AM.

testing - sent myself a test mail, still waiting for notification...

how often does it check? does it check 'labels' too?

i'd love to see this working

RPC calls

Oh maybe you will be interested by this :
    Web services RPC calls over Google Talk
    http://glaforge.free.fr/weblog/index.php?itemid=142

My opinon about the plugin, or google talk<-> jabber plugin, there is no need for this ;)
    -You can access your gmails with RSS
    -most of my google contacts ask "Hey, where is your microphone ?"
    -gtalk have a better interface

No sorry, i give up to use google Talk with the jabber plugin, its useless for me, and i use the orginal client.

Peter

My opinion about miranda & this plugin ;)
    -my msn contact ask "hey, where is your webcam"
    -my yahoo contact ask "hey, why cannot have conference chat"
    -you can use windows messenger to login which is preinstalled

No, i will not give up on miranda and i like to see this plugin works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwebpage
    My opinon about the plugin, or google talk<-> jabber plugin, there is no need for this ;)
    -You can access your gmails with RSS
    -most of my google contacts ask "Hey, where is your microphone ?"
    -gtalk have a better interface

No sorry, i give up to use google Talk with the jabber plugin, its useless for me, and i use the orginal client.

Peter
    so if something doesn't work 100% for your needs, you feel the need to badmouth it and the developer. Nice, really.

@All
    Thanks for trying and for the feedback ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Drugwash
    The popup would not follow the default timing; instead, it stayed on screen until I dismissed it.
    This will change... some day. I have planned a popup option page where the User can change the popup timeouts. For now you can download updated build and to create new PopUpTimeout dword value with the desired time out in seconds (-1 means forever and 0 - default)
    While the Jabber popup was on screen, a new popup appeared (Yahoo mail notification) and it got over the Jabber one, not above it, as it should have (!!!)
    hm… this depends of the PopUp.dll and I think it might happen only if the popups come from different instances of Miranda.
    I know for sure that PopupPlus works correctly regarding Romanian characters (I get them correctly from my contacts), so it has to be something in the Jabber plug-in.
    The text comes from the protocol UTF8 and the conversion is made by jabber.dll it self. For me it works correctly. You might look at screenshot one. I use the old'n'good popup 1.0.2.0 (no unicode) and the characters which do not appear in the default character set are correctly converted to the Latin representation (in most cases the accents are removed) shown in screenshot two.
    Quote Originally Posted by sje
    sent myself a test mail, still waiting for notification...
    how often does it check? does it check 'labels' too?
    The notifications come almost immediately (in couple of seconds) after the e-mail is delivered. It doesn't rely on checking each x second for new e-mail but on special message that means "mailbox change". When this message comes Miranda requests the list of e-mail that are older than specified timestamp. The time stamp is the one of the oldest message from previous checking.
    A notification might not come if the newest message has timestamp older that the last time stamp (i.e. because incorrect system time of sender) or if the new message has been automatically moved from inbox (i.e. because some filter is configured).
    No, there is no special code to deal with labels (for now).
    Last edited by y_b; 19 Jul 2016 at 12:01 PM.

OK, the popup timeout issue is solved for now. The overlapping popups I guess you're right about it; I must have run two instances of Miranda simultaneously. I'm getting old. :-)
    About the characters, yes, that's exactly the behaviour I got, and I'm not quite satisfied with it, but I guess there's not much anyone can do, while Win9x has no Unicode support in Miranda. Besides, Google doesn't handle them right either. Yahoo Mail and MSN Hotmail have no problems with regional characters at all.
    Just to review the path: I sent a mail with the title Probă. In Google Mail's web interface, the title became Prob&#227;, and finally the JGmail popup displayed it as Proba.
    While this is somehow correct in the 'simplified' Romanian (these damn badly installed operating systems broke a lot of languages by defaulting to English and not allowing regional characters), I'm not sure if all of the characters get converted properly. I'm gonna run some more tests to see what happens with all the Romanian characters in the message title and body.

But the most important function would be the instant new mail announcement, and this one seems to have failed for both me and sje, so there's a bit more work to do in this regard.

Off-topic: any update on the VirtDB thing? The official one is at 0.5.5.x, apparently. ;-)

[EDIT]: Would you believe this ?!?!?

Last edited by Drugwash; 7 Dec 2005 at 11:24 PM.

But the most important function would be the instant new mail announcement, and this one seems to have failed for both me and sje, so there's a bit more work to do in this regard.
    I can't reproduce the lost message problem. It might be a problem of the time zone. I am at GMT and it works for me correctly. Could you send (PM me) a log of the JGmail connection (don’t forget to remove the personal information)?

OffT. I haven’t work recently on VDB. Next update, I guess, will be after Christmas most likely auto realize/backup options in external plugin.