Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
XStatus Notify plugin
Miranda IM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XStatus Notify plugin

XStatus Notify plugin

This plugin shows a notification when someone in your contact list changes his ICQ/Jabber custom status message. Note that it performs different functions than StatusNotify plugin does.

To work properly, XStatusNotify requires Popup or YAPP plugin and at least Miranda 0.6.0.3. Miranda 0.7 is highly recommended.

download Unicode build
    download ANSI build

screenshot
    Last edited by Deathdemon; 16 Oct 2007 at 7:43 PM.

Thanks, nice plugin! :) One little remark, though. If some of you contacts have custom status, it doesn't show up immediately when you connect to ICQ. It takes a second or so to update it after you are connected. And then all the popups show up at once.

Типо спасибо, хорошый плагин! :) Одно маленькое замечание. Если кто-то из контактов имеет кастом статус, то он показываеццо не сразу при подключении к ICQ, а апдейтицца примерно через секунду после коннекта. В этом случае выскакивают сразу все попапы, что не есть красиво :)

Good stuff, regardless of the fact! Keep it up!
    Respect, comrade! :)

@elishnevsky:
    yes, it's done intentionally, and not only on connect. the thing is that ICQ plugin always "says" that some contact changed his xstatus several times at once, so XSN needs to make sure the status won't change anymore in the nearest time, before notifying. I have some ideas tho, how to make it work even better. I'll try them.

правда почему то, что выскакивают сразу все попапы - не есть красиво.. при коннекте все равно все в одно и то же время были бы :)

@ Deathdemon:

What do you think about merging this plugin with StatusMessageChangeNotify?
    I think it may be a good idea, since both do similar things (with diferent messages)...

Quote Originally Posted by pescuma
    @ Deathdemon:

What do you think about merging this plugin with StatusMessageChangeNotify?
    I think it may be a good idea, since both do similar things (with diferent messages)...

Yes merging is a good idea ;)

actually with the same success it could be merged with StatusNotify plugin, and perhaps with some others too..
    yes, I thought of that, but xstatus has its own specifics, and practically you'll get no benefits from merging it with StatusNotify or SMCN. the plugins are pretty different from the inside. similar option dialogs is almost the only similarity. so I think, it's simpler to leave the plugin as it is, separately from other plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdemon
    actually with the same success it could be merged with StatusNotify plugin, and perhaps with some others too..
    yes, I thought of that, but xstatus has its own specifics, and practically you'll get no benefits from merging it with StatusNotify or SMCN. the plugins are pretty different from the inside. similar option dialogs is almost the only similarity. so I think, it's simpler to leave the plugin as it is, separately from other plugins.
    Perhaps it doesn't have benefits for you as a programmer to merge it with NSN but for the users it has benefits because you only have ONE option page and ONE plugin instead of two and NSN already has an option to avoid popups on connect (don't know if it works for Xstatus the same way)

Quote Originally Posted by ICQJ cahngelog
    - added possibility to view three more Custom Statuses
    Could you pls add support for them? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by FREAK_THEMIGHTY
    Could you pls add support for them? TIA
    done :)

@Deathdemon

One little confusion for me. I'd replaced standard x-status' icons to the custom ones (thnx to Angeli-Ka). See screenshot

But, the icons in the title of pop-up still remains unchanged, i.e. remains "default":

So, is it possible to draw those icons on the title, which are defined in the "Customize -> Icons -> Custom Statuses" section?

Thanks in advance.