http://forums.miranda-im.org/showthread.php?t=3981
    thanks!

Good news, AIM TOC2 is now in the plugin listings:
    http://www.miranda-im.org/download/d...ewfile&id=2286

here's the TOC2 Documentation I used:
    http://www.snaphat.com/toc2.txt

Here's the link to previous versions:
    http://www.snaphat.com/aim
    Last edited by snaphat; 5 Sep 2005 at 9:46 PM.

Okay I just added buddy addition and deletion support. It needs testing:)

I also added a new error check for a new error code in TOC2. I've gotten it when my buddy list has the maximum number of groups and when I attempted to add a user to a group that could not be created.

Also, one thing to note- any buddies that are added will actually be added to group "1" on the server, but the aim plugin doesn't use use aim's actual groups so they'll be displayed in whatever group you put them in. If you log in aim you'll see any new additions in group "1".

I noticed one of my buddies showed up online when I logged on using a jabber transport, but not when I logged on with the TOC2 plugin. I was able to "fix" this by deleting her AIM screen name from my buddy list and readding her, but obviouslly this loses the chat history in the process. I think the problem is, this was a contact I had added with Miranda (and therefore she probably wasn't on my server-side list). It would be good if there were a way to "update" the server side list by comparing it to Miranda's list and making the suitable changes (as I also have old old contacts on the server side list that I always delete in Miranda).

I actually think it would be even more cool if we could turn off automatic updating of the server side list and add an option to the AIM Main Menu to "Update Server List Now." Also if we could change the name of the server-side folder our contacts are dropped into. But I'm probably getting ahead of myself there heh...

Quote Originally Posted by blogbourri
    I actually think it would be even more cool if we could turn off automatic updating of the server side list and add an option to the AIM Main Menu to "Update Server List Now."
    I don't think that will be possible, because in TOC2 in order to receive notifications as to the status of the buddy they have to be on the server side list. I think what I'll probably end up doing is syncing the buddy list and adding all the buddies that are not actually on the server side list.

Downloading..

I had new db from reinstall.. seems to connect and get buddies from server list fine.

another edit: you are a hero. :D
    Last edited by Drone; 21 Aug 2005 at 1:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snaphat
    Okay I just added buddy addition and deletion support. It needs testing:)

I also added a new error check for a new error code in TOC2. I've gotten it when my buddy list has the maximum number of groups and when I attempted to add a user to a group that could not be created.

Also, one thing to note- any buddies that are added will actually be added to group "1" on the server, but the aim plugin doesn't use use aim's actual groups so they'll be displayed in whatever group you put them in. If you log in aim you'll see any new additions in group "1".
    I deleted the "1" group just now, but before that I took a screenshot of the miranda list. What are these listed under the group?

it still doenst work for me :(

when is start miranda, aim will connect and load some of my aim groups (not all). after that it wont show any buddies online and will sign off after a few seconds. when i try to reconnect, it will say "trying to connect too frequently" or something like that...

ish have the latest miranda version and the new aim.dll.

what to do?

thx, seal.

Quote Originally Posted by snaphat
    I don't think that will be possible, because in TOC2 in order to receive notifications as to the status of the buddy they have to be on the server side list. I think what I'll probably end up doing is syncing the buddy list and adding all the buddies that are not actually on the server side list.
    Oh I didn't realize TOC2 handled things differently from TOC1 in that regard. Thanks for the reply anyways =). A syncing feature would be very nice either way, automatic or not =).

Quote Originally Posted by seal
    it still doenst work for me :(

when is start miranda, aim will connect and load some of my aim groups (not all). after that it wont show any buddies online and will sign off after a few seconds. when i try to reconnect, it will say "trying to connect too frequently" or something like that...
    Did you check to see if the buddies are on the serverside list?

Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    I deleted the "1" group just now, but before that I took a screenshot of the miranda list. What are these listed under the group?

Mishandling of the config that miranda is getting from aol. I wasn't sure if it was still happening. I'll get on fixing that soon.