Miranda IM

Thread: Send a message to multiple contacts simultaneously

eschrichtius Guest

Send a message to multiple contacts simultaneously

Can someone make a plugin or restore this feature to the interface? I really miss the button in the message windows that let you open checkboxs for sending the same message to every contact you checked.

Thanks for reading!

I can do it, in tabSRMM 0.9.9.94, in the view menu choose 'Show multisend contact list'

Quote Originally Posted by eschrichtius
    Can someone make a plugin or restore this feature to the interface? I really miss the button in the message windows that let you open checkboxs for sending the same message to every contact you checked.
    Use tabSRMM or nConvers... multisend is not comming back to srmm AFAIK...

Am I the only "lucky" - if I send long messafe through nConverse to more then one user, the last one gets it full, all the rest only the last message of few...

Quote Originally Posted by nowotny
    Use tabSRMM or nConvers... multisend is not comming back to srmm AFAIK...
    multisend will come back to srmm when its implemented by the protocol sending out to multiple users, not by srmm sending the same message to multiple users
    but it will be after the 0.5 series

Quote Originally Posted by cojones
    multisend will come back to srmm when its implemented by the protocol sending out to multiple users, not by srmm sending the same message to multiple users
    but it will be after the 0.5 series
    Which won't be anytime soon, so it's like waiting for AIM OSCAR or webcam support... :D ;)

Anyways... so do I get it right: the ICQ protocol itself supports it but it's not implemented in the ICQ plugin...?

Which won't be anytime soon, so it's like waiting for AIM OSCAR or webcam support... :D ;)

Anyways... so do I get it right: the ICQ protocol itself supports it but it's not implemented in the ICQ plugin...?
    dont be too negative, there is a branch of code in CVS for AIM Oscar it actually works and can login and send messages if I remember properly, anyone can pick it up whenever and resume development on it (core devs can't do everything in their spare time)
    The problem with the ICQ protocol is that ICQ was written to use numbers and AIM everything is strings, according to all the ICQ maintainers over the years is that to change everything from a number to a string is not enough since there are so many checks, so it was being rewritten as AIM Oscar

AFAIK ICQ does support it in some way. It's something like Cc: in emails - you can specify multiple recipients and the message is then only sent once with multiple UINs.

And yes, neither ICQJ nor ISee supports this feature

Mirandas multisend did (and in tabsrmm still does) send one message per contact and this can cause various troubles, including kicks and even bans (although only temporary), because the server considers it "flooding".

tabSRMM tries to be smart and does not "flood" the server with messages, using an (increasing - depending on the number of messages) delay, but since the rules how the server detects a "flood" are not really known, this is only guesswork. The server may even be annoyed when you send 10 messages to 10 different contacts within a given period of time (even WITH a delay between the messages). It's probably a spam countermeasure, because spammers behave exactly that way (send one message to many people).