Miranda IM

Thread: Miranda IM v0.10.0 Beta #1 Discussion

Miranda IM v0.10.0 Beta #1 Discussion

Miranda IM v0.10.0 beta #1 is now available. Please report any issues you may encounter. Bugfixes:
    – Fixed rare crash
    – AIM: Fixed memory leaks
    – AIM: Fixed chat invitation messages
    – Jabber: Fixed GTalk login to invisible
    – MSN: Improved P2P connectivity
    – MSN: Fixed crashes
    – Yahoo: Fixed searching for AT&T user accounts

Enhancements:
    – New language pack format support and per user language packs
    – AIM: Establishing listening connection only when needed not on startup
    – Jabber: Re-designed resource selection logic to comply with RFC
    – MSN: Added Windows Phone detection
    – Yahoo: Added conference support

Read Full Announcement...

- Report Bug
    - Development Information
    - Subversion Information

Please note: This discussion thread is for preview release discussion only. Please also report any bugs you find to the bug tracker. Not all developers read this thread so posting all bugs you find to the tracker is essential.
    Last edited by borkra; 17 Jul 2012 at 3:23 PM.

A question.
    Where can I find the main differences between Miranda 0.9 and 0.10?
    Is there a short list of main changes/objectives of the new version?

At the top post, there are not many. We just changed the way we do it. And stopped supporting 2 versions now there is just one, thus version change.

Thanks borkra.
    With "stopped supporting 2 versions" you mean the 0.9 branch will be not updated anymore and it is time to move to 0.10?
    About my former question, the list above is not what I wanted, but perhaps this is not the right place where to ask again.

The first post has the list of changes. It's pretty much it. 0.10 and 0.9 lines were in sync for a long time.
    Other then that I am not sure what you are asking about.

Build works fine for me. Thanks Borkra.

Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    The first post has the list of changes. It's pretty much it. 0.10 and 0.9 lines were in sync for a long time.
    Other then that I am not sure what you are asking about.
    Oh, ok, I didn't know that 0.10 and 0.9 lines were in sync. But then... what do you mean exactly with "stopped supporting 2 versions"?

About the list, I don't want a changelog (with bug fixes, ecc...), but a short list of substantial changes that can affect the way to use Miranda.
    For example let's suppose that Miranda 0.10 introduces unique IDs for plugins, and that could make some old plugin obsolete and not working without a modify. Or for example new Miranda introduce a built-in update system for plugins. Or introduce an "online account" that stores my preferences or a way to sync my histories on different instances of Miranda (using the same account) without copying the whole database every time.
    Obviously this list could be empty and nothing changes for the final user.
    I'm not sure my request is more clear now, but I hope you can understand what I mean.

@xaos
    I imagine your answer is for me. I'm not a native English, and my English is not so good so could have some difficulties to fully understand your answer. So please try to write in simple English, avoiding the use of "slang" therms such as "enuff" (I had to do a google search to ensure myself about its meaning).
    If you want, you can contact me in private message, in order to don't lengthen this topic with my understanding problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabar View Post
    Oh, ok, I didn't know that 0.10 and 0.9 lines were in sync. But then... what do you mean exactly with "stopped supporting 2 versions"?
    For people who self compiled there were 2 versions before trunk and stable. Not any more just trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabar View Post
    About the list, I don't want a changelog (with bug fixes, ecc...), but a short list of substantial changes that can affect the way to use Miranda.
    For example let's suppose that Miranda 0.10 introduces unique IDs for plugins, and that could make some old plugin obsolete and not working without a modify. Or for example new Miranda introduce a built-in update system for plugins. Or introduce an "online account" that stores my preferences or a way to sync my histories on different instances of Miranda (using the same account) without copying the whole database every time.
    Obviously this list could be empty and nothing changes for the final user.
    I'm not sure my request is more clear now, but I hope you can understand what I mean.
    Nothing major changed. I was regularly merging before from trunk to stable and vice a versa, now it's just trunk, and a single version. The only changes are what listed above. in the first post.

Perfect Borkra, thanks!
    I see the 10.0 has been released as a stable version now.
    I'll update soon.