Miranda IM

Thread: The frequency that Miranda IM saves the chat history in the profile file

The frequency that Miranda IM saves the chat history in the profile file

I have noted that unlike Windows Live Messenger, which saves the chat history each time a chat is ended, Miranda IM do this when the program is closed, meaning that there are more chances that the chat will be lost in case of power failure or Windows/Computer crash.
    Is there a way to change the frequency that Miranda IM saves the chat history?

I posted this thread in the wrong forum. Please move it to the Technical Support forum where it should be.

Miranda saves history often, but lately Windows changed something in file caching that makes the method we use not work any more.

Usually, how often Miranda saves the history? Is Miranda saves the history according to how Windows 7 manages the file caching? If so am I should change some setting in the Windows file caching?

Every second, and no there is nothing to change.

I means that Miranda saves the chat history on the profile file. This, Miranda does only when the program is closed.
    If this is caused because of the Windows file caching, so i should change the settings there. Right?

No it saves it to disk every second, but Windows changed something in file caching lately, as a result it does not update all file structures on disk when flushing the file. It only does it when file is closed. Thus your issues.

Thanks.