Miranda IM

Thread: Make Smiley Pack?

Make Smiley Pack?

Hey

I gess im a relatively new user 2 Miranda (iv been using it 4 a cuppl weeks) & iv finally got it working how i like it (meaning i DL a heap of plugins. lol.) & now im working on making my own smiley pack 4 MSN coz i cant neem 2 find the original MSN smileys on the DL list enywhere.
    1stly: if im wrong & they r there then plz tell me where
    2ndly: if im right... kan anyone tell me how 2 make a smiley pack? i used a prog called Reshack 2 do it & it came out ok but when i clicked on the lil smileyface in the message window it comes up with a tiny lil white box next to my cursor instrad of me being able 2 c the icons. :(

plz help enyone.
    -daone

Quote Originally Posted by daone
    Hey
    coz i cant neem 2 find the original MSN smileys on the DL list enywhere.
    Yes, their aren't in FL for copyrighting reasons..
    2ndly: if im right... kan anyone tell me how 2 make a smiley pack? i used a prog called Reshack 2 do it & it came out ok but when i clicked on the lil smileyface in the message window it comes up with a tiny lil white box next to my cursor instrad of me being able 2 c the icons. :(
    Do you redacted *msl file as well?
    * please, use a spellchecker before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli-Ka
    Yes, their aren't in FL for copyrighting reasons..
    Thanks for that. I should have been able to figure that out for myself. lol.

Do you redacted *msl file as well?
    If by redacted you mean fixed it so my changes should (supposedly) work then yes.

I found out that it is sort of working. That is, i am able to click in the little white box and the shortcut for the smiley (whatever smiley it is that i end up clicking on) will come up in the window. However, when i press send it does not come up in the history as the smiley, but rather the shortcut.

Oh btw... when i say little white box, I *mean* little. It's 13x11 pixels.

*is this post a little better?
    -daone

You still have a mistake.. and I can figure where... Can you send me your emoticonpack?

Thanks for that. I should have been able to figure that out for myself. lol.
    I found out that it is sort of working. That is, i am able to click in the little white box and the shortcut for the smiley (whatever smiley it is that i end up clicking on) will come up in the window. However, when i press send it does not come up in the history as the smiley, but rather the shortcut.

Oh btw... when i say little white box, I *mean* little. It's 13x11 pixels.
    It's an non-displayable character, not an icon. Miranda will *never* show you the icons in the input area of the message window. The input area will only show the smiley shortcuts (like :) or :( ), because that's what is really sent when you insert an emoticon.

If you get little boxes instead, this basically means, your .msl file is broken in some way and smileyadd returns either non-displayable characters or random byte crap.

You still have a mistake.. and I can figure where... Can you send me your emoticonpack?
    Yes i can do that if you're able to tell me how.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish
    It's an non-displayable character, not an icon. Miranda will *never* show you the icons in the input area of the message window. The input area will only show the smiley shortcuts (like :) or :( ), because that's what is really sent when you insert an emoticon.

If you get little boxes instead, this basically means, your .msl file is broken in some way and smileyadd returns either non-displayable characters or random byte crap.
    Ok. Maybe i haven't explained myself properly. In the input part of the window everything is fine. I understand that Miranda wont show the smiley there. My problem is in the chat window there is a little smiley face put there by the plugin 'smileyadd'. When i click on that smiley face it would normally bring up the smileys in a box in a similar way to MSN Messenger does. Instead it is bringing up that box except that it is so tiny that i cannot see the icons but i am still able to click inside the box and it will bring up the smiley shortcut in the input area. (except i cant tell which smiley I'm going to click on).
    I may have a problem with my .msl file which is probably pretty likely because i am simply using notepad.
    However, i think that it's more likely that my .dll file is stuffed in some way since i am using a relatively crud program to do my work. The program I'm using is called ResHack (and because its got 'hack' in the name some people tend to think that it's illegal. It's actually not. It's simply a decompiler/dissassembler (dunno which)). It's simply designed to do things with resources in .dll &.exe & .ocx etc files.

If you want more information on how i made up the .dll file just ask.

Thnx for helping.
    -daone

send it to me by mail: angeli-ka at nm.ru (replace "at" with @)

send it to me by mail: angeli-ka at nm.ru (replace "at" with @)
    I hear and obey...

StandardMSNSmileys.msl.msl
    StandardMSNSmileys.dll.dll

This is the name of files you send to me :))
    xmmm.. don't you see where is your mistake?

lol. I feel like such an idiot. Thanks Angeli-Ka
    They work fine now.

-daone <embarrassed>