Miranda IM

Thread: Adium-style corner hiding

Adium-style corner hiding

Note to Moderator: Not sure if this should go under Feature Requests or Addons, seems like it could be either.

Hi,

As a milti-OS user (not always by choice, but oh well....) I have found myself in the situation of using just about every IM client ever made. Digsby, Pidgin, Adium, Miranda, and roughly 24 others. Overall, I prefer Miranda over the alternatives, but there is one single feature found in Adium that I'd really like to see in Miranda.

In Adium, you can set the contact list up in a very compact fashion, as a "tool window" and then set it to automatically fit the size of the window to the current contacts - just like Miranda. You can also set it to dock to the side of the screen when nearby, just like Miranda. HOWEVER, in Adium, setting both of these at once keeps the contact list in its small, tool window form. It does NOT resize the window to be the full height of the screen when you dock it. Essentially, it docks to a corner, rather than a whole side. I freaking love this, and I wish Miranda would do the same.

So...any ghost chance in hell this will be added before I'm 30? (I'm 24 now so that's not too ambitious I think.)

According to Adium, you can set the contact list up in a very compact fashion, as a "tool window" and then set it to automatically fit the size of the window to the current contacts - just like Miranda. You can also set it to dock to the side of the screen when nearby, just like Miranda. I think its a brilliant idea.