Miranda IM

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Miranda as Windows Installer (msi)

I thought Miranda was IM for advanced users, not for the usual lamers who download ICQ7 and bloat their systems up, which - in theory - means noone in his right mind should feel the need to actually install Miranda.

Also, I would like to see a company which installs IM program of some sort so people can waste time chatting with friends :P

Quote Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
    I thought Miranda was IM for advanced users, not for the usual lamers who download ICQ7 and bloat their systems up, which - in theory - means noone in his right mind should feel the need to actually install Miranda.
    Well, having a good installer reduced the amount of support by few magnitudes, even advanced users often screw things and come to forums for help or write bug reports we have to deal with. Installers made these problems not existent. The are very useful any way you look at it. I myself use installer as well, it's much easier and faster then any other method.

Also, I would like to see a company which installs IM program of some sort so people can waste time chatting with friends :P
    A lot more then you think, and in many cases it's Jabber only.

Instant messaging in companies can reduce the amount of e-mails sent from one employee to another and is mostly a quicker way of communication than calling each other via phone.

Did you ever hear of "LYNC" which is a client/server solution for instant messaging, voice and video communication developed by a company named "MI-CRO-SOFT"? Formerly this was known as "OF-FICE COM-MU-NI-CA-TOR"? This is an example for a commercial instant messaging client... So there MUST be a need to have instant messaging in larger companies, too... And there are companies which use an instant messenger (like Skype, Lync, ...) in the real world...

But, if you are not able to contribute something useful which has to do with this thread then please stop posting your general thoughts about instant messaging in companies. Your criticism is neither useful for developing Miranda IM nor for developing a Miranda IM Windows Installer.
    Last edited by ldlx; 20 Feb 2012 at 8:36 PM.

Miranda IM 0.9.44 as Windows Installer (MSI)

Hi there,

and again another update was released, so here's the Windows Installer package for it. Except the updated files, changed version numbers and new Product ID in the WiX source code there's nothing new in this version of the Windows Installer. Like before the modified mirandaboot.ini is included.

You can download it here:

Miranda IM 0.9.44 (MSI)

Regards, Martin

Miranda IM 0.9.45 as Windows Installer (MSI)

Hi there,

yet another Miranda IM Release - 0.9.45 as Windows Installer. Except the updated files, changed version numbers and new Product ID in the WiX source code there's nothing new in this version of the Windows Installer. Like before the modified mirandaboot.ini is included.

Miranda IM 0.9.45 (MSI)

Regards, Martin

even one of my friend runs miranda........said to known that this works well with windows too.......now i got see some problems in the installation!!

Quote Originally Posted by lesithmaria View Post
    even one of my friend runs miranda........said to known that this works well with windows too.......now i got see some problems in the installation!!
    What kind of problems did you encounter? Do you use the regular installer for Windows or the Windows Installer package provided in this thread?

Regards, Martin

Miranda IM 0.9.46 as Windows Installer (MSI)

Hi there,

and again another update was released, so here's the Windows Installer package for it. Except the updated files, changed version numbers and new Product ID in the WiX source code there's nothing new in this version of the Windows Installer. Like before the modified mirandaboot.ini is included.

Miranda IM 0.9.46 (MSI)

Regards, Martin

Miranda IM 0.9.47 as Windows Installer (MSI)

Hi there,

Miranda IM 0.9.47 (MSI)

Regards, Martin

Miranda IM 0.9.48 as Windows Installer (MSI)

Hi again,

some days ago Miranda IM 0.9.48 was released, so here's the Windows Installer package for it. Like before, this installer includes the x86 Unicode version together with the Extra Plugin-Ins Pack, but the additional plugins can be selected in detail in the installer. And like before the modified mirandaboot.ini is included to auto-create a profile in the user's appdata folder if none exists.

Miranda IM 0.9.48 (MSI)

Regards, Martin