Miranda IM

Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Thread: TabSRMM support

While drag&drop involves mouse only, copy&paste generally needs both keyboard and mouse. I don't see how is d&d the hard way.
    Also, please note this is not a feature request, but more like a bug report. Even if it is the hard way, it was previously working, and the recent changes broke it. So unless this feature was removed intentionally, I am looking for a fix of it, rather than a suggestion of an alternate.
    Thanks for your input anyway.

Erm, WAT? Generally, may be. In stupid applications, programmed by newbies. May be.
    But in TabSRMM, your data already copied to clipboard once you released the mouse button. It's the only reliable way to pull data from scrollback frame. Any delay, and selection could reset or the data you intend to copy be pushed out of scrollback. Many terminals work the same way (I mean, classic character terminals. PuTTY for example.)
    All is left for you is to paste the data where you want. In many situations, this involving right-clicking in appropriate place and selecting "Paste" (or equivalent in your locale).
    I don't see a problem. You do?

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    But in TabSRMM, your data already copied to clipboard once you released the mouse button.
    That requires the option Automatically copy selected text to be checked, iirc. I have this disabled, on purposely. And the option is there for a reason, not everyone want this. This could overwrite clipboard data accidentally, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    All is left for you is to paste the data where you want. In many situations, this involving right-clicking in appropriate place and selecting "Paste" (or equivalent in your locale).
    That's why I wrote 'generally'. I know that can also be done with mouse only, but while right click and paste might be convenient for you, you have to admit that people tend to have different ways to use computer. I happen to be the kind of people that are more used to d&d.
    And sometimes copy&paste is much less effecient than d&d. Think about the situation you drag the text and drop it anywhere in the browser window, it starts a new search, with the text being the keyword. I do this very freqently. With c&p, you have to switch to the browser window, locate to the search bar, paste, and press enter (or click search).
    Also, if you have script or shortcut icon that takes arguments, the d&d way can quickly launch the script/shortcut with the text as an argument. In this situation, c&p may simply fail.
    Of course I am not saying d&d is always better, there are situations that c&p are more effecient too, just remind you that what you think is best may not be the best for others. Still, thank you very much for sharing your opinions.

Last but not least, this is a bug report, let me repeat. Searching the svn log, this feature had once been broken in 2010, and then fixed.
    http://code.google.com/p/miranda/source/detail?r=12748
    So I do expect this time it will also be fixed.

Fine. I understand your reasoning. I'm not convinced, but this is not the place to argue over personal preferences. :)
    I'm not using "desktop shortcuts". (Means, I don't have the "desktop" to have any "shortcuts" on it, and Opera works from a kick... erm, a hotkey to start search or open URL from clipboard contents. Paste-And-Go it's called, if i'm not mistaken.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Y View Post
    While drag&drop involves mouse only, copy&paste generally needs both keyboard and mouse. I don't see how is d&d the hard way.
    Also, please note this is not a feature request, but more like a bug report. Even if it is the hard way, it was previously working, and the recent changes broke it.

So unless this feature was removed intentionally, I am looking for a fix of it, rather than a suggestion of an alternate.
    Yes, it was removed intentionally quite while ago for some reason I cannot remember exactly, but I think it was because of a problem with the underlying rich edit control which prevented users from selecting text when there was already an existing selection (they had to explicitly un-select first, otherwise a drag operation would start instead of selecting a new text range).

And no, there is no fix or workaround because I decided drag & drop isn't important enough to keep it or find a more complex fix.
    • TabSRMM Wiki - documentation for TabSRMM
    • Blog
    • contact (GMail / GTalk): silvercircle(at)gmail(dot)com

Hmm, I haven't encountered such issue. But since it's not an accidental break, I'm OK with it. I will just have to stick with the old versions.
    Thanks for your reply.

No flashing in tray when window is open

Hello!

Is there a way to suppress the tray flashing for new messages if the respective message window is opened (but not in focus)? I use the option 'always on top' for message windows, so it is a bit confusing to read the new message first (again, not in focus) and still having the new message flashing in the tray. If there is no way to do so, I would like to add this request to the wishlist.

Thank you,

DerGilb

Enable "Follow mouse" (X-mouse) - then your windows will activate, when you pass over them, resetting the notification.

Quote Originally Posted by DerGilb View Post
    Is there a way to suppress the tray flashing for new messages if the respective message window is opened (but not in focus)? I use the option 'always on top' for message windows, so it is a bit confusing to read the new message first (again, not in focus) and still having the new message flashing in the tray. If there is no way to do so, I would like to add this request to the wishlist.
    Not possible. A unfocused window is considered inactive and because there is no (easy) way to determine whether a window is covered by another window or not there is also no (easy) way to implement such a feature. A window that is set to be sticky (on top) could still be covered by another window with the same "on top" status.

So, if it's unfocused it's also inactive and you get the tray notification.
    • TabSRMM Wiki - documentation for TabSRMM
    • Blog
    • contact (GMail / GTalk): silvercircle(at)gmail(dot)com

Hi,
    I think that select box for setting "Line markers in the message log" (settings/group chats/events and filters) have items inside ordered alphabetically, which then makes no sense when translation is used. Could you please disable that ordering?