Miranda IM

Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: TabSRMM support

Quote Originally Posted by jiri View Post
    Well, can you add this feature to list for future releases? It's as you can see strongly required for many users with local layouts who use non-standard switchers (frankly speaking, standard Windows system for keyboard switching is very uncomfort).
    I would rather identify and fix the problem itself (should that be possible) instead of implementing a lame workaround.

I'll try to reproduce the problem on a virtual machine.

You said you are using key switcher 2.5b but all I found is a version 2.1 from here . Is this the app you are using or is there another one going by the same name?

And which version of Windows 7 and Miranda? 32bit or 64bit - this might be important.
    • TabSRMM Wiki - documentation for TabSRMM
    • Blog
    • contact (GMail / GTalk): silvercircle(at)gmail(dot)com

Win7 32bit (english, regional settings - Russian), miranda 32bit Unicode build (almost all plugins are unicode).
    Keyswitcher 2.5b (the new version of 2.1) can be downloaded here:
    http://switch.kroogi.com/en/download...rsion-2-5.html (this kind of software is always beta-version :) - but it's the best automatic keyboard switcher that I know.

@jiri: Use CapsLock as layout toggle key.

Hi Nightwish,

I'm writing this just for very slim chance that while debugging the issue from last few comments this bug can be closed as well: http://code.google.com/p/miranda/issues/detail?id=798

Anyway, thank you for your work.

P.S. I see that people can use automatic keyboard switcher for somewhat working around aforementioned bug, but in case of 3 languages it's not so helpful and the nature of messages often requires manual switching....

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    @jiri: Use CapsLock as layout toggle key.
    You know, I'm using "Right Control" key since the beginning of computing for me - it means since 1990 at least. I have the no slightest intention to change the switching key and reajust the "muscle memory" - I use blind 10-finger typing. Moreover, I can say that it would be good to change "ALT" behaviour of tabsrmm to something like "Ctrl+ALT+Backspace" to never touch it occasionally. Right now I see two variants, if Nightwish cannot fix it: I will use the latest tabsrmm that doesn't has this feature, or I'll take the sources, and recompile tabsrmm with broken popup menu functionality (it really frightens me, I guess that tabsrmm can have dependency from dozen of different libraries...).

Nightwish: As you can see at your own forum, tabsrmm behaviour as for popup menu at "ALT" key is somehow problematic - somebody uses standalone Windows keyboard switching capability (Alt-Shift)http://forum.miranda.or.at/index.php....html#msg10436 and still has problems. If I could advice - I'd put yet another option about it in the "container options" or something like it to turn this behavior OFF at all. (if I turned menu OFF, I don't want to see it anyway at any key combinations). Or, as I wrote above, put combination to some weird unusable key like "Ctrl-Alt-BckSP" or "Ctrl-Shift-F12"

Quote Originally Posted by jiri View Post
    Nightwish: As you can see at your own forum, tabsrmm behaviour as for popup menu at "ALT" key is somehow problematic - somebody uses standalone Windows keyboard switching capability (Alt-Shift)http://forum.miranda.or.at/index.php....html#msg10436 and still has problems.
    This was fixed a while ago.
    If I could advice - I'd put yet another option about it in the "container options" or something like it to turn this behavior OFF at all. (if I turned menu OFF, I don't want to see it anyway at any key combinations). Or, as I wrote above, put combination to some weird unusable key like "Ctrl-Alt-BckSP" or "Ctrl-Shift-F12"
    I don't want to make things more complex than they need to be by introducing additional options. Menu activation on ALT is pretty much standard in many programs (Windows explorer, IE, Firefox - they all have this feature) and people know how to use it.
    • Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax_0 View Post
    I'm writing this just for very slim chance that while debugging the issue from last few comments this bug can be closed as well: http://code.google.com/p/miranda/issues/detail?id=798
    No, this is totally unrelated
    • Blog

Can you point me out in what .cpp file should I search for "ALT" functionality (controls.cpp, string 595)? I'll try to recompile the version without menu's popupping... Rather I'd try to unhook tabsrmm from "single ALT" functionality completely, it's must be in the other file...

The relevant function is CMenuBar::autoShow() - it's the only entry point which would activate the menu bar.
    • Blog