Miranda IM

Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: TabSRMM support

I solved my problem. It was not version number, plugin tabsrmm was disabled in database settings (I think, after install new miranda version, srmm.dll , was not removed from Plugins, and loaded early than tabsrmm.dll, and disable tabsrmm)
    I used DBEditor++ http://addons.miranda-im.org/details...ewfile&id=2957 and deleted tabsrmm.dll from PluginDisable node, and tabsrmm again work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nergali di Cuthah View Post
    What version of Tabsrmm are you trying to use?
    Im using the latest version of both miranda and tabsrrm as far as I know.

Tabsrrm 2.2.1.17

Quote Originally Posted by Luffa View Post
    Im using the latest version of both miranda and tabsrrm as far as I know.

Tabsrrm 2.2.1.17

Just found ver. 2.2.1.18 and voila problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Use popup notifications with message preview to see the message.

That wouldn't help. You may still have to click the task bar button to show the window, because if a window pops up unfocused it can be in the background and if you have another app open, you may not see it.

So implementing such a feature doesn't make much sense as it wouldn't be much different from the feature already present (open minimized) for the majority of users.
    Oh, but this is not necessarily for new messages.

The thing is that i use 2 monitors. I have my message windows "saved" there so they open up there instead of on the primary monitor, where i might be doing something else or fullscreen. So what i'd want to see is that when a friend IM's me, his/her message screen popsup straight away on the secondary monitor, without it taking focus away from whatever i might be doing on the primary one.

*that* function is currently not possible in Miranda, as far as i know.

Is it TabSRMM which responsible for "%contactname% has entered text" label? If so, could it be swithced off? I find it rather useless - most because it hangs until next message is sent. I have subj v3.0.0.26 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sT View Post
    Is it TabSRMM which responsible for "%contactname% has entered text" label? If so, could it be swithced off? I find it rather useless - most because it hangs until next message is sent. I have subj v3.0.0.26 installed.
    1. Yes, it is responsible
    2. No (cannot be disabled)
    3. It "hangs" on purpose, so that you can no longer miss a typing notification.

I do not plan to change this behavior, sorry. I believe that the status bar is ok for showing it, because this text provides more useful information than the "last message received" thing and an applications should make use of a status bar. Showing a (mostly) static text all the time isn't the best idea.
    • TabSRMM Wiki - documentation for TabSRMM
    • Blog
    • contact (GMail / GTalk): silvercircle(at)gmail(dot)com

1st of all thx for this superb message plugin, i love it since it was first introduced ;)

Sorry if this may asked before but i was not able to check all the 47 pages before,
    also http://miranda.or.at/Avatars just shows some basic settings

Is it possible to have the Avatars in TabSRM like in the old versions?
    Means: chat partner avatar in the lower right corner and no own avatar

Background: On my netbook i have only limited space available so i use pretty small chat windows, but still like to see the partners avatar so in the current version i either loose a lot of the text wenn i increase the upper splitter or only have a pretty small partner avatar when i decrease it to the compact size (1 line) view
    old behaviour: In the old version i had a compact status line at the top and could have the partner avatar nearly full size in the lower right corner besides my input text box and the toolbar and still didnt loose parts of the chat text log :)

I know i could switch to ieview or something, completely disabling avatars of tabsrm and have them in chat log but thats not my goal and ieview uses a lot of my bare ressources on the netbook...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    1st of all thx for this superb message plugin, i love it since it was first introduced ;)
    Is it possible to have the Avatars in TabSRM like in the old versions?
    Means: chat partner avatar in the lower right corner and no own avatar
    In TabSRMM 3, there are 2 ways to do this:

1) disable the info panel.

or

2) Set the avatar option to "always in bottom display"

2) is only possible with TabSRMM 3, 1) works in older versions as well.
    • TabSRMM Wiki - documentation for TabSRMM
    • Blog
    • contact (GMail / GTalk): silvercircle(at)gmail(dot)com

great, THX you're my hero ;)
    completely missed out the container options, was searching only in miranda options :P
    Option 2) and unchecking "always keep the button bar at full height" in the avatar option, did the job :)

It "hangs" on purpose, so that you can no longer miss a typing notification
    Well, I just don't get what this text is intended for. You've said
    Showing a (mostly) static text all the time isn't the best idea.
    but that's what really happens - "*** has entered text" hangs there almost all the time so user stops noticing the status bar at all. And the meaning of this label I can't realize too. Of course contact has entered text, I've already received it! But the label still remains. Maybe you at least turn it off on message receiving?