Miranda IM

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Omegle Protocol

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    659
    deragoku: I don't understand what you mean by "client manager"...

    Point of setting own nickname even if others can not see it is just for better feeling and also when you have enabled "highlight your nickname" for other chats and you don't want to be notified for every message containing word "You"...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,315
    Just a question: Why are you using the group chats for omegle?
    wouldn't it be more reasonable to use single chat interface to have typing notifications, message notifications, etc...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    659
    Lack of typing notifications in chat module is because it is unfinished (it seems because nobody needs that before, but it is in m_chat api as todo) - same thing about other things there, maybe somebody will add it someday (I tried it but for example tabsrmm is too complex and messy for me) - but I think it's pretty well working now though.

    Message notifications are supported (at least by Tabsrmm), aren't they? Is there something else for single chat interface? :)

    Also:
    1) Question mode - where/how I can show "Topic"? - sure, I can use status message but not everybody have enabled showing it in msg window or in infobar, etc.
    2) Spy mode - how can i do discussion between two strangers?
    3) Omegle itself is more like group chat than instant messaging... (by look, style, number of messages)
    4) What about amount of history? I think nobody wants to have so much (mostly useless/...) messages in .dat profile.
    5) Generally I think group chats fits better for this and provide more functions (like filtering of events in log)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyer View Post
    Message notifications are supported (at least by Tabsrmm), aren't they? Is there something else for single chat interface? :)
    Well, they are different, in huge channels I dont want notifications everytime someone speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Robyer View Post
    1) Question mode - where/how I can show "Topic"? - sure, I can use status message but not everybody have enabled showing it in msg window or in infobar, etc.
    2) Spy mode - how can i do discussion between two strangers?
    3) Omegle itself is more like group chat than instant messaging... (by look, style, number of messages)
    4) What about amount of history? I think nobody wants to have so much (mostly useless/...) messages in .dat profile.
    5) Generally I think group chats fits better for this and provide more functions (like filtering of events in log)
    1) Status message would be good enough, at least for me :P But you could use status change messages to fake that
    2) Okay, thats a point, I dont use that... you could use group chats for those and single chats for direct chats
    3) Hmmm I dont think so... I mean, you can have only one stranger at a time
    4) Either delete those yourself. Or just delete whole contact after you go offline.

    Anyway I understand your decision now :)


    PS: Is there a way to have two conversation simultanious? :)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    659
    Well, they are different, in huge channels I dont want notifications everytime someone speaks
    Agree, I've been thinking about adding popups for concrete messages or typing notifications (so far I added sounds for TN)

    --
    Of course "somehow" it could work even with instant message window, but do you see any advantages here? (except typing notifications and ability to enable notifications only for concrete contact)

    Is there a way to have two conversation simultanious?
    Only by creating different Omegle account in Miranda. Which is good enough (and maybe better) I think.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyer View Post
    Of course "somehow" it could work even with instant message window, but do you see any advantages here? (except typing notifications and ability to enable notifications only for concrete contact)
    WEll, these would be enough of advantages, and someone might want to save messages?
    This would be more consistant then you creating your own options (see rainwaters post above)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robyer View Post
    Only by creating different Omegle account in Miranda. Which is good enough (and maybe better) I think.
    Okay, will try it.

    Other point: how about an ability to save and restore own questions in question mode?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    659
    and someone might want to save messages?
    Chat module have option for logging messages to disk (at least tabsrmm)

    This would be more consistant then you creating your own options (see rainwaters post above)
    Typing notifications - sending by my Tabsrmm Mod, receiving as sounds now, adding popups will be "hack" until proper implementation in Tabsrmm (chat module).
    Ability to filter nofitications for concrete contact - actually you can set it in Tabsrmm per-room if I see it right.

    how about an ability to save and restore own questions in question mode?
    If you have enabled "automatically reconnect" then it is remembered between strangers reconnects.
    Do you want more? I've been thinking about this too, but it would need another command :/ - maybe "/spy <question>" for new question and only "/spy" for last? Idk.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyer View Post
    I've been thinking about this too, but it would need another command :/ - maybe "/spy <question>" for new question and only "/spy" for last? Idk.
    I think that would be a good idea :) At least, the spy mode and the question mode are something differend, so it makes sense to use a different command name there anyways.

    PS: There is a typo in the options: It says "question mod" - apart from the missing "e", it means the spy mode actually.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    659
    Well Omegle calls both the same, but it depends on point of view. "Spy" - Me or Stranger? "Question" - Asking or answering the question?

    Aand, when I change it to asking through "/spy" then "/ask" will be confusing (maybe just switch it and start question mode by "/ask <question>" and being spied by "/spy"?)

    --
    I'll fix that options then.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyer View Post
    Aand, when I change it to asking through "/spy" then "/ask" will be confusing (maybe just switch it and start question mode by "/ask <question>" and being spied by "/spy"?)
    That would be fine :)

Similar Threads

  1. [resolved] omegle.com protocol
    By SAOPP in forum Protocols
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10 Apr 2011, 2:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •