Miranda IM

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 7z compression for backend xmls

  1. #1
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Posts
    11,839

    7z compression for backend xmls

    tjado, please add a service to have 7z version for the backend xmls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Germany/Munich
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    tjado, please add a service to have 7z version for the backend xmls.
    Please explain me why. I already asked Rob few months ago but I never got an answer.
    Last edited by Sami; 20 Feb 2011 at 3:59 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Posts
    11,839
    Quote Originally Posted by tjado View Post
    Please explain me why. I already asked Rob few months ago but I never got an answer.
    It will allow Updater plugin to have only 1 decompression algorithm. 7z is used to pack Miranda distributions, I am waiting for this to implement Miranda core auto update in Updater. And the only reason bz2 was picked originally to compress xml is for the compression ratio, it was the best at a time (not any more though) .
    Last edited by borkra; 19 Feb 2011 at 1:57 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Germany/Munich
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    It will allow Updater plugin to have only 1 decompression algorithm. 7z is used to pack Miranda distributions, I am waiting for this to implement Miranda core auto update in Updater. And the only reason bz2 was picked originally to compress xml is for the compression ratio, it was the best at a time (not any more though) .
    Okay it is implemented. File extension is 7z. Please check it and give me a short feedback :)

Similar Threads

  1. Backend files
    By sourcefreak in forum Website
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16 Jul 2008, 12:49 PM
  2. GZip compression
    By Reonekot in forum Website
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16 Jun 2008, 2:52 PM
  3. [MSN] Avatar Compression
    By Sitalk in forum Protocols
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28 Oct 2006, 9:52 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24 Nov 2005, 12:48 PM
  5. GZip compression for Filetransfer
    By Kreisquadratur in forum Feature Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17 Jun 2005, 1:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •