Miranda IM

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter with OAuth Discussion v0.0.9.7

i'll have a look at it once i get posting working :)
    i'm pretty sure utf-16 most of the way through the plugin.. but who knows.

Well, doesn't twitter use utf-8? I guess that might be the problem.

Btw: when I use group chat via TabSRMM for twitter messages, the tab has an empty title. It would be nice if it used the protocol name like the old plugin.

yeah i'll do some testing when i get time.
    btw borkra has shown me where i went wrong with posting tweets, so that's fixed now! just need to clean up some stuff and i'll post a new version up.. maybe in a few days.

New version up!
    Borkra has kindly had a look at the code and shown me where there was a superfluous "/r/n".. and that's all that was required to fix sending tweets!
    check the first post, i've also removed the dependency on WinInet and VS runtimes, and it's a release build..
    let me know how you go.
    from my testing i seem to have broken proxy support.. in that it will connect and then immediately disconnect again, if anyone uses proxies please let me know how you went!

I'll take a look at the unicode stuff next.

Btw: when I use group chat via TabSRMM for twitter messages, the tab has an empty title. It would be nice if it used the protocol name like the old plugin.
    i use group chat via tabSRMM as well, show me what you mean by an empty title? mine isn't empty, it has the twitter account name in it for me, and then the number of users (ie how many people i follow)
    Last edited by omniwolf; 26 Sep 2010 at 9:17 AM.

The new version seems unusable for me. It keeps disconnecting a few seconds after I set status to online.

V.I.

Since version 0.0.9.0 I can't connect to my twitter account. I delete ALL old db entries of twitter and create a new twitter account. I also got the oauth PIN from twitter and paste it in the accordant box. But I still get the popup:
    Something went wrong with authorisation, delete all OAuth keys out of to the twitter DB and try again
    Does the feature of oauth atm depends on the location (germany) of the user, or are there some addional changes in the twitter account settings necessary? Are what could be the reason for that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
    The new version seems unusable for me. It keeps disconnecting a few seconds after I set status to online.

V.I.
    do you use a proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by puttee View Post
    Since version 0.0.9.0 I can't connect to my twitter account. I delete ALL old db entries of twitter and create a new twitter account. I also got the oauth PIN from twitter and paste it in the accordant box. But I still get the popup:

Does the feature of oauth atm depends on the location (germany) of the user, or are there some addional changes in the twitter account settings necessary? Are what could be the reason for that issue?
    do you use a proxy? the features do not depend on your location..
    can you try with a fresh profile for me?

in other news, DMs weren't working, and i think i have fixed the "undef" problem on the group chat, check the first post for v0.0.9.2.

Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf View Post
    do you use a proxy?
    no, no changes in options made since 0.0.9.0

i'm getting a similar thing at work, but going through a proxy (so i assumed that was the problem). can you get me a network log please?

Sure, you'll find it here