Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Twitter with OAuth Discussion v0.0.9.7
Miranda IM

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter with OAuth Discussion v0.0.9.7

Twitter with OAuth Discussion v1.1.0.0

twitter with oauth is finally here!
    90% credit goes to Dentist, he wrote the original plugin which is what this plugin is mostly comprised of. I have just added in the OAuth stuff so twitter can work again.

Getting Started
    The first time you run this, it will throw up a dialogue box and will load a webpage hopefully asking for you to log into twitter or to confirm/deny you're happy with Miranda to use twitter. Please confirm/log in, and it will present you with a PIN. Type the PIN into the dialogue box and click OK.
    Everything should then work perfectly! Or... probably not. Computers are hard! Sometimes it will run into troubles, but can hopefully recover if you try to reconnect. If it consistently doesn't work, the best way around this is to just delete your entire twitter account (from Miranda! not twitter.com), and re-add it. this fixes all the problems I've seen. Good luck!

Open Source
    YESSSSSSSSSSS
    Also as I think I've mentioned many times, I'm not a terribly accomplished developer, so if you see anything in the source that needs fixing please let me know. Thanks!

Known Issues:
    - native retweets are clipped by up to 19 characters. SO LAME. this has been fixed in the source. next version will have this fixed. twitter API is ****. FIXED - this was broken again with another API update. I fixed it, but it's an ugly fix, I can't get the retweet_count attribute to cast to an int. Any help gratefully received! crappy work around fixed with legit work around in the source. I still say work around because at this point I'm working around twitter's annoying API
    - The function that pulls your friends down (ie the people you follow) is broken as the twitter API changed completely here. It will still pull friends in that have tweeted, but I'm pretty sure avatars are all broken and most other things to do with friends. I can see what I have to do to fix it, but lack the skill/time at the moment to do it. It doesn't appear to affect functionality really, so not a critical priority. As of v1.1.0.0 avatars are fixed, but only for your friends that tweet. This is the same for the complete list of your friends, it's only as complete as those who tweet. Need to fix the UpdateFriends() function.

Download
    32bit: Updater site | Google code site | Miranda addons site
    64bit: Updater site | Google code site | Miranda addons site

Changelog:
    - First official release of 64bit! Sorry for the delay, and thanks to FREAK_THEMIGHTY for all the help and patches
    - Avatars are now working! But only for your followees that tweet.
    - Double fixed truncated retweets. I really hope this is over now
    - Fixed broken profile OAuth with API v1.1
    - Fixed "&" in truncated retweets
    - Fixed 140 character length tweets being blank
    - Some memory leaks fixed
    - Fixed "&" showing up in tweets when people used "&".
    - Updated plugin to work with API v1.1
    - Made an attempt to fix truncated retweets. My work around isn't pretty and can fail, if anyone wants to help give me a yell
    - fixed a bug where certain avatars would crash miranda
    - various gui and backend fixes
    - added a UI tickbox in the options to treat tweets as messages. have a play if you think this might help you
    - fixed status changing - if you change the status to anything but offline twitter will go online
    - fixed a bug where twitter would attempt to go online even if you were already online
    - Major options cleanup
    - Default group now has a GUI in the options/accounts
    - stopped twitter from going offline so much (needs 3 network fails in a row before it will go offline)
    - open source! code is super messy. please feel free to post if you have any questions. the open source code will not compile with the official OAUTH keys!
    - added code to stop tweets becoming messages. you will need to add a "TweetToMsg" variable as type BYTE to the db, and set to 0 if you want tweets to NOT become messages.
    - fixed single % signs from disappearing in the group chat, and also stopped "%" becoming "%%" if you typed it into the group chat input area to tweet.
    - fixed long native retweets from being truncated
    - code cleanup, minor fixes
    - Updater now working
    - Auto group support, you'll see a field in the account page called Default Group. put in a group name there to have twitter contacts auto added to a group
    - Other minor fixes
    - Retweets will now appear in the timeline!
    - Fixed group chat highlighting when YOU make a tweet
    - Stopped self contact joining the clist
    - Fixed duplicate contacts
    - Fixed connection problems
    - Hopefully fixed unicode problems, please let me know!
    - Cleaned up some code, got rid of the password input field as this isn't required with OAuth. If you're security conscious feel free to delete the password field from the database. i'll add some code to do this automatically next time.
    - DMs now actually work.
    - your username should appear in the chat window now.. thx Thief
    - Tweeting (and posting DMs?) now works (thanks Borkra!)
    - Removed dependencies on WinInet, so this now an actual Release build. yay
    - seem to have broken proxy support.. which is weird. working on it.
    - OAuth used for authorisation now
    - I have broken many things, and desecrated Dentist's once beautiful code. i think at one point i added a "2" to a variable name because i couldn't think of a better name. So sorry :(

Wish List
    Here's all the things I want to add to the plugin, in no order:
    - Use contact status better.. if someone hasn't tweeted in a few hours, they're not really online.
    - New group chat session for mentions, lists
    - Option to auto mark new DMs as read on connect

Credits:
    - Brook Miles, without his OAuth C++ guide i wouldn't have anything
    - Borkra, helped my fix a lot of my code and answered a lot of stupid questions
    - SJE, helped me remember c++, and answered a lot of questions
    - Thief, provided the SVN, helped with some code
    - FREAK_THEMIGHTY - a bunch of 64bit help and other things
    Last edited by omniwolf; 6 Nov 2012 at 1:10 PM. Reason: v1.1.0.0, updating download links

good work so far, could get the plugin running without problems :D
    i think the best solution to enable others to contribute would be to simply leave the oauth credentials out of the repository. maybe that's acceptable for you?! ;)

Works like a charm with OAuth, good work omniwolf!

/edit: posted some issues here before... everything's perfect, I loaded the wrong version, shame on me.. :/
    Last edited by Alberto; 8 Sep 2010 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks for your efforts omniwolf!
    Hopefully I'll get to the pin dialog in a few hours (had to put some quick fixes for a work project).

If some developers wish to help with coding this protocol I can give you access to the private SVN repository which will be used until we will came up with a solution about OAuth secret.

Thread sticked.

Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf View Post
    Wish List
    Here's all the things I want to add to the plugin, in no order:
    - Proper reply to tweets functionality
    - Use contact status better.. if someone hasn't tweeted in a few hours, they're not really online.
    "not building it with dependencies that prevent it running on earlier OSes with no discernible beneficial payoff" should be pretty high on that list.

Hi,
    thank you very much for your work involved in this protocol. However, I did notice an issue which also existed in the old version of the plugin. It is unclear whether is a twitter plugin thing or a Miranda thing, but I wanted to report it nevertheless:

This is my VI:
    http://www.miranda-vi.org/report/users/bers/

omniwolf, when you get the Update plugin stuff set up, let me know, and I will forward my autoupdate script onto your version so people with the old plugin can automatically be prompted to update.

Should be able to start testing tonight after futbol. Thanks OmniWolf :)

Quote Originally Posted by Targaff View Post
    "not building it with dependencies that prevent it running on earlier OSes with no discernible beneficial payoff" should be pretty high on that list.
    are you talking about an ANSI build? i had no real plans to release one of those..

omniwolf, when you get the Update plugin stuff set up, let me know, and I will forward my autoupdate script onto your version so people with the old plugin can automatically be prompted to update.
    will do, thanks mate. at the moment it's too crappy to do a proper update, i'll wait until i can at least replicate all the features yours had.

Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf View Post
    are you talking about an ANSI build?
    No, I'm talking about a Unicode build that isn't limited to only those versions of Windows that MS feels should be supported. Quite apart from that, however, it has long been (and as far as I'm aware still is) a part of the Miranda ethos that extensive dependencies should not be necessary - it's a policy that impacted on the (re)development of the Options dialog, for a start - and there's really no reason plugins shouldn't be any different. If that means static linking at the expense of file size, then so be it.

And now you mention an ANSI build, it's not a bad idea.