Miranda IM

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter with OAuth Discussion v0.0.9.7

I don't know about VS, but I normally do such maintenance tasks by hands.
    With patch file, normally the problem is either of two:

1. Patch was generated against different version of the file. While trying to apply chunks, 'patch' (as in - utility that applies patch files) can't find relevant parts of code and fail. Usually leaving crap in form of patchname.rej filename.orig etc. in the directory.
    Curable only by investigating the patch code and porting every change by hands.

2. Patch file is generated with different tree depth than what is assumed by patcher. Usually resulting in no results but a warning that there's no files to apply the patch to.
    Curable by telling patcher to skip a number of directory elements from files mentioned in patch file. (The -p option.) How much - you have to check yourslef, looking up the patch text (the first two lines are usually enough to tell). If relative paths are the same, -p0 is the way.

hi.

To reset OAuth (my Miranda & Twitter protocol ask for a new OAuth, but my Twitter browser page, send me an error everytime ...)
    In the config where is OAuth key ?

thanks

Since a couple of week direct messages sent to me through twitter don't arrive on miranda anymore while other twitter clients keep working fine. Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to fix this.
    Second thing: I experience "bad allocation" errors too quite often. Would be nice that could be fixed or at least that the messages wouldnt be lost after crashing miranda.
    Thank you!

Hi,
    since Twitter accounts for Miranda act in some different way, can you pls add some info to account panel:
    "Connect with you newly create account to pass authorization" or something like that.

it is for people that will wanted to insert their accountname and password details and don't find any. This can create confusion for some people.

Hello Guys,

it's a while that am using Miranda but recently i had to change laptop and now when i try to connect to tweeter w miranda, the small windows requestin the PIN appear but nothin else. If i dont remeber badly the browser should open up and give me the PIN..but it doesnt happen anymore...

Anyone can help me w such a things?

THX Gianmar1

Quote Originally Posted by ato33 View Post
    hi.

To reset OAuth (my Miranda & Twitter protocol ask for a new OAuth, but my Twitter browser page, send me an error everytime ...)
    In the config where is OAuth key ?

thanks
    The keys you are looking for are most likely in:

Settings -> Twitter_1

They are called:

OAuthAccessToken
    OAuthAccessTokenSecret
    OAuthToken
    OAuthTokenSecret

or you could just delete the twitter account (in miranda) and create it fresh

Quote Originally Posted by stefhf View Post
    Since a couple of week direct messages sent to me through twitter don't arrive on miranda anymore while other twitter clients keep working fine. Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to fix this.
    not a known issue, i am still getting DMs fine in miranda. try a fresh profile?

Second thing: I experience "bad allocation" errors too quite often. Would be nice that could be fixed or at least that the messages wouldnt be lost after crashing miranda.
    Thank you!
    Can you provide more information? I have never received a "bad allocation" message in my entire miranda career. again.. maybe a fresh profile is in order.. how do you know that twitter is the cause of the bad allocations?

Quote Originally Posted by AL|EN View Post
    Hi,
    since Twitter accounts for Miranda act in some different way, can you pls add some info to account panel:
    "Connect with you newly create account to pass authorization" or something like that.

it is for people that will wanted to insert their accountname and password details and don't find any. This can create confusion for some people.
    hmm you don't think "[Sign in to link your twitter account]" is enough? I suppose I could put something a bit more verbose in there..

Quote Originally Posted by gianmar1 View Post
    Hello Guys,

it's a while that am using Miranda but recently i had to change laptop and now when i try to connect to tweeter w miranda, the small windows requestin the PIN appear but nothin else. If i dont remeber badly the browser should open up and give me the PIN..but it doesnt happen anymore...

Anyone can help me w such a things?

THX Gianmar1
    hmm sounds like miranda can't launch your browser for some reason.. do you have a default browser set?

----------------------

ok, sorry for the awol status again. I have done a bit of coding tonight and fixed the "&" thing that keeps coming up in the timeline when someone posts an &.
    dunno what was causing it, but i've just done a find and replace :/

i've noticed that avatars have stopped working altogether. i assume twitter has changed it's protocol for this or something? i want to fix that first before releasing v1. after v1 is released i'll work on a 64bit version.

Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf View Post
    i've noticed that avatars have stopped working altogether. i assume twitter has changed it's protocol for this or something? i want to fix that first before releasing v1. after v1 is released i'll work on a 64bit version.
    It is propably related to the unicode Avatars in Miranda 0.9, look at m_avatars.h

will do, thanks

note to self: borkra thinks i need to implement GetAvatarInfo.
    Last edited by omniwolf; 8 Jun 2012 at 2:26 AM.

I've just had a cause of connectivity issue with Twitter.
    Miranda was trying to connect for nearly 2 days without a success.
    I've had to blindly reset OAuth token to make it, it wasn't reqesting anything or what not.

If you track consecutive authorization failures, may be you can suggest token regeneration, when amount of authorization attempts reach some big numbers?

Hi all

I use last miranda (0.10.0.8) and a "Twitter Plugin 0.0.9.7".
    Yesterday I sees error
    while updating status messages, an error occured:unable to cast key "truncated" to target type

Can you help me?