Miranda IM

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: new GPG encryption plugin

Just a positive report. No problems between Miranda and Gajim Linux (gpg integrated by default) yet. Nice!

Is it tested this plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by gnorimies View Post
    Care to explain your question?

Quote Originally Posted by gnorimies View Post
    if you mean "is it stable ?" i can say none critical bugs found, but it have little ui bugs, some unfinished and not implemented yet features, basic features are stable enough for daily use as i can decide from user reports

Encryption in XMPP Multi-user chat

Hi,

just a small question: does the plugin support end-to-end encryption for XMPP multi-user chats? There is the option to enable/disable encryption and to load/send keys on the chat-room in the overview, but as far as I see, setting anything there doesn't have any effect. In the chat-room window itself there is no sign of / option for encryption.

If encryption is currently not supported, do you plan to implement it in the near future?

Thanks,

Hlg

Quote Originally Posted by hlg View Post
    Hi,

just a small question: does the plugin support end-to-end encryption for XMPP multi-user chats? There is the option to enable/disable encryption and to load/send keys on the chat-room in the overview, but as far as I see, setting anything there doesn't have any effect. In the chat-room window itself there is no sign of / option for encryption.

If encryption is currently not supported, do you plan to implement it in the near future?

Thanks,

Hlg
    hi, it should wotk for separated contacts from chatroom (private chats), but i do not know any way to implement it for entire room, also as i know standard has nothing about chat rooms

i think it's possible to develop own implementation, but then only this plugin will work with it (other clients will not work).

I recently found a bug in the latest version of newgpg:
    The plugin will freeze and consume 100% cpu if you try to send an encrypted message to someone whose pgp-key has expired. No log file is created. After the key was updated, everything is fine.

please post ticket on tracker http://sss.chaoslab.ru/tracker/mim_plugs/newticket , i will work on gpg in near future

new builds uploaded

New build works normally in jabber with gpg 1.4.9 (gpg4win-light-1.1.4) but fails to decode incoming messages with gpg 2.0.19 (gpg4win-light-2.1.1-34299-beta), outgoing messages still passed normally. For gpg 2 miranda receives raw parts of PGP ascii armor instead of decoding them and telling about decode errors.
    Just raw guessing: perhaps I18N messed up, so should be suppressed somehow because of producing undetectable output.