Miranda IM

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miranda IM v0.8.0 Release Discussion

Miranda IM v0.8.0 Release Discussion

Miranda IM v0.8.0 is now available. Please discuss any issues you have with v0.8.0 here.

- Read Full Announcement
    - Download v0.8.0
    - Report Bug

Please note: This discussion thread is for release discussion only. Please also report any bugs you find to the bug tracker. Not all developers read this thread so posting all bugs you find to the tracker is essential.
    Last edited by Tara; 17 Jun 2009 at 7:25 PM. Reason: added link to the 0.8.0 announcement

Quote Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
    Gadu gadu will return as soon as it is stable again.
    Will Gadu-Gadu from Miranda 0.7.19 (i.e. the version 0.0.49) work fine with the 0.8.0 release? Or 0.0.42, which is currently hosted on the Addons site? If not, does Miranda block them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Will Gadu-Gadu from Miranda 0.7.19 (i.e. the version 0.0.49) work fine with the 0.8.0 release? Or 0.0.42, which is currently hosted on the Addons site? If not, does Miranda block them?
    The answer is, we do not know anything about Gadu-Gadu this is why it was pulled from release.

Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    The answer is, we do not know anything about Gadu-Gadu this is why it was pulled from release.
    Thanks. I thought the version that has been pulled from the release did cause problems. At least the users did seem to be reporting them in the development build threads and Gadu-Gadu related discussions. Anyway, I will still apppreciate information on whether Miranda does block the old versions or not.

Also, should the 0.8.0 readme not mention the fact that Gadu-Gadu has been removed?

http://dezhq.rogacz.com/miranda/

Here you will find GG 5.1 witch don't cause Miranda to hung after exit. It will be updated soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AL|EN View Post
    http://dezhq.rogacz.com/miranda/

Here you will find GG 5.1 witch don't cause Miranda to hung after exit. It will be updated soon.
    I guess you're using Gadu-Gadu yourself, aren't you? Could you tell me please whether Gadu-Gadu from Miranda 0.7.19 (i.e. the version 0.0.49) does work fine with the 0.8.0 release or not? Or 0.0.42, which is currently hosted on the Addons site? And if not, can you tell me please if Miranda 0.8.0 does block them?

I guess you're using Gadu-Gadu yourself, aren't you? Could you tell me please whether Gadu-Gadu from Miranda 0.7.19 (i.e. the version 0.0.49) does work fine with the 0.8.0 release or not? Or 0.0.42, which is currently hosted on the Addons site? And if not, can you tell me please if Miranda 0.8.0 does block them?
    OK. Version .42 prevent start of Miranda 8.0. Version .48 is not, but calling is "working version" is a shame and include it will bring only harm to Miranda Polish users because every time when you want to exit Miranda, it cause hang and miranda32.exe process stays in memory forever. This is terrible bug, but it's been fixed already.

The best and only way to have Gadu-Gadu protocol for Miranda Team is to include THIS version: http://disk.jabbim.cz/prezes@jabbim.pl/GG.zip - it is Dezeath 5.1 fixes(above bug) and improvements (like "[img] way" of display transfered pictures) + support for File Association Manger to mange 2 or more GG accounts when you want to add contacts by GG:123123123 links.

From what i know, Dezeath version wasn't include as official because small amount of time of his involve in developing. But let me tell you something: he is the only people in Poland that will work on this protocol as OnO don't care about it anymore, he don't even use Windows now and he hate GG + Win :-(

Just do the right thing. Pls include gg.dll from my link as official. Calling this version an "mod" is nonsense.

Has the Miranda website been slash-dotted? I just wanted to download the final 0.8 release. But I'm getting HTTP 503 responses.

OK. Version .42 prevent start of Miranda 8.0. Version .48 is not, but calling is "working version" is a shame and include it will bring only harm to Miranda Polish users because every time when you want to exit Miranda, it cause hang and miranda32.exe process stays in memory forever. This is terrible bug, but it's been fixed already.

The best and only way to have Gadu-Gadu protocol for Miranda Team is to include THIS version: http://disk.jabbim.cz/prezes@jabbim.pl/GG.zip - it is Dezeath 5.1 fixes(above bug) and improvements (like "[img] way" of display transfered pictures) + support for File Association Manger to mange 2 or more GG accounts when you want to add contacts by GG:123123123 links.

From what i know, Dezeath version wasn't include as official because small amount of time of his involve in developing. But let me tell you something: he is the only people in Poland that will work on this protocol as OnO don't care about it anymore, he don't even use Windows now and he hate GG + Win :-(
    Thank you very much for the explanation, AL|EN. It looks like Mirandas users upgrading from 0.7.x to 0.8.0 might have problems then ...

Calling this version an "mod" is nonsense.
    Maybe. But that's what its developer (Dezeath) calls it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Has the Miranda website been slash-dotted? I just wanted to download the final 0.8 release. But I'm getting HTTP 503 responses.
    Try again please. It seems to be working fine again now. And if similar problems happen once more, please use the Website board: http://forums.miranda-im.org/forumdisplay.php?f=23