Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Facebook Plugin Discussion - Page 3
Miranda IM

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Plugin Discussion

-pv-: Yeah, that's a tinyJSON solution what is used in Twitter plugin, but I don't like/prefer this idea, I think it's still to heavy-weight (building virtual structure, including damn huge BOOST library), I'll look at tinyJSON solution, but I prefer something made-to-measure. I mean -- there's no need to do a full parsing into a virtual JSON structure only because of three data fields :) That's why I'm looking for a most optimal solution.

Thx, borkra :) One of them was unknown for me, the one which even looks pretty fine :)

I've devoted my 2 hours of free time and completed a prototype solution based on quote/branch matching, but I'm still open to your codes :)) I hope the resulting one in stable release would be really the perfect one.

Good news, everyone! :) I've just finished all the stuff around getting and processing basic communication with Facebook servers, all I have to do now is just forward these data to a proper place, in human words, let them be processed by Miranda API, while this should take one more week of working. After a week or so, I think the first very-early pre-release should be available for your eyes ;) Don't forget this as this version will be most probably full of leaks, not completely processed things (f.e. message or user info codepage solvings etc.), so it won't be yet generally usable, at least not comfortable. The debugging and basic enhancing process should remain till this Christmas IMHO, until it will be as superior as other protocols are :)

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    -pv-: Yeah, that's a tinyJSON solution what is used in Twitter plugin, but I don't like/prefer this idea, I think it's still to heavy-weight (building virtual structure, including damn huge BOOST library), I'll look at tinyJSON solution, but I prefer something made-to-measure. I mean -- there's no need to do a full parsing into a virtual JSON structure only because of three data fields :) That's why I'm looking for a most optimal solution.
    As much as I like Boost (it's basically the proving ground for C++ standard libraries), I wouldn't recommend TinyJSON and Boost.Spirit (the parser-generator it uses) since it uses some fairly advanced C++ features and won't compile under Visual C++ 6.0, which is the "standard" compiler for Miranda. I may end up hand-writing a JSON parser, since JSON is really easy and lots of off-the-shelf ones would need tweaking anyway (I need 64-bit ints for Twitter), but for Facebook that might not be an issue. I really only picked TinyJSON because it has the simplest API, and I've worked with Boost.Spirit for microformats before.

I would highly recommend fully parsing the JSON though. Aside from being an overall less brittle solution, you won't even notice the performance cost, since network latency will drown it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dentist View Post
    I don't want devalue your solution in any way of course, the usage of tinyJSON in your plugin is clean and effective :) I'm just a very skeptic human :)) and I mostly don't like solutions I haven't done by myself x) And that 50MB Boost download, thousand of files :/ Looked so scary when first seen :D I'll temporarily use basic JSON_parser from ~jsg, till I have a month or two to spend time on own code, I usually firstly do my best to find an easiest way to make something work, after that follows an enhancement stage. Oh, and yeah, I had to slightly mod the header file to properly use int64, Facebook has just started using extra values for users' IDs x)) Just because Microsoft platform can't respect standards even in C/C++ :/ Wrong implementation, missing functions, ... x)

EDIT:

Contacts are successfully loading :) Now just a message API connection, and we may start playing :] ;)

EDIT 2:
    Sending messages is all done, receiving is on the go, maybe in next 2 days ......... :)))))) ;)
    Last edited by jarvis; 14 Aug 2009 at 9:44 PM.

Everyone :) Facebook protocol is now completed! Last hour I successfully managed to communicate over FB with my DLL, so at this moment, the basic job is done and ready to be subjected by first courageous users :) since it's quite unstable still, and I have some troubles about loosing incoming messages sometimes. But this all doesn't matter, now the real fun begins, and I assume the product will be better and better since now :)

so when can we test it? :)

really good news

This are really good news! You are a genius! I'm waiting :)

Regards, Marcel

initial test build

initial test build 0.0.0.1 unicode
    Last edited by jarvis; 16 Aug 2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: deprecated content