Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Facebook Plugin Discussion - Page 2
Miranda IM

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Plugin Discussion

I can't wait!!!

Cool, now Miranda won't be behind a lot of the other open source applications out there! This is what I really want right now. It's all about extensibility, and having Facebook would be a very welcome addition! Thanks for all your hard work :)

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    PS: Please, don't feed this topic with tons of "thank you'n'wow" replies, I'd prefer to leave it objective as much as possible. Thanks for understanding :)

Thanks, Tilk :)

Anyway, I hope for something-doing prototype during august, let's say. In these days I'm going to study Pidgin Facebook code and try to find solutions of implementation. I dunno yet whether the code will be clean HTTP requesting (as libpurple/pidgin does, dirty job :)) or a combination with REST features (can provide some basic data like lists etc. in simplier form).

EDIT: Yesterday I successfully managed to change my Facebook status via my HTTP Tester the same as via Miranda core HTTP procedures :) Now when I know how to do it, I can start studying login sequence and cookie/session handling and start doing some serious job :))
    Last edited by jarvis; 28 Jun 2009 at 10:16 AM.

Another bunch of screens :) Today I've completed basics of the plugin structure and also successfully managed to login to Facebook (see screen no. 3).

Hey, that sounds greate, but on the screens I dont see any inactive status. Do you have plans concering this for the feature?

I can not stand waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MPK View Post
    Hey, that sounds greate, but on the screens I dont see any inactive status. Do you have plans concering this for the feature?

I can not stand waiting...
    The Idle status is a database key. It isn't shown as an actual status in the status list.

This update sounds really good...is there somewhere we can subscribe to be notified when you have a beta ready to try out?

I'm quite busy in these days, if someone would like to help, I have one thing in front of me right now:

click >>> http://code.google.com/p/eternityplu...se_JSONParsing

I will resume all the work in a week or so, having this solved would be fine, if someone of you would be capable (only really fine and effective code can be accepted), I'm nervously awaiting your comments.

:)

Hello,
    This is not a proper solution but just a possible suggestion for cooperation.
    Like we do have xml parsing in core now there are several plugins in need of parsing json.
    There is a twitter plugin already parsing json. Now you are in the same need. I am not sure how efficient this might be but what about trying to talk to miranda-twitter author and possibly get his parser out-sourced?