Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Facebook Plugin Discussion
Miranda IM

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Plugin Discussion

Facebook Plugin Discussion

FACEBOOK PROTOCOL
    Download:
    http://addons.miranda-im.org/details...ewfile&id=4172
    or
    http://code.google.com/p/eternityplugins/downloads/

Issue/Bug Tracker:
    http://code.google.com/p/eternityplugins/issues/list
    (please see the example issue report and if possible, provide Labels! :), too)

DONATE $:
    http://dev.miranda.im/~jarvis/#donations
    Thanks to all of you for your support :)

• Release build
    • Includes proto icons from Addons
    • REQUIRES Visual C/C++ 8 Runtime libraries installed
    • There should be no special conflict when connected to Facebook via browser at the same time, but I recommend logging in with Miranda first, followed by the browser.
    • I also RECOMMEND using Crash Dumper plug-in along with this plug-in, it should be pretty stable, but I would like to know when some error occurs. To make a good crash report, you must put all the files from the archive into your Plugins folder, otherwise the report will be missing data and thus useless! You should also provide the .mdmp file, as .txt one is often nothing-saying when conflict affects surrounding components.

Known issues:

All-time Not-issues:
    • Wall posts are not sent properly when you set them to often — server limit requires captcha confirmation when it considers you are "flooding"
    • Being disconnected sometimes — server fault, mostly caused by server time-out side to side with restrictive connection politics
    • Away status is not applicable — FB doesn't support any controllable Away status

DEBUGGING:
    For providing a help, you can use two options how to log what plugin does.
    First option is to use a Crash Dumper plugin, which is helpful when crashes and similar invokes occur. Additional files included with the Facebook Protocol ZIP archive are required to make a good crash report. This is usually stored somewhere in the profile directory. Such crash event usually generates two files, TXT and MDMP, where the binary MDMP file is the more important one.
    Second option which is usually helpful when some part of service stops working etc. is an active logging implemented in this plugin. You can enable such logging in Miranda Options on Facebook account dialog page. The resulting log is placed right in the Miranda directory side by side with miranda32.exe executable. Please use this logging only in a situation when you detect some repeating event which could be logged (f.e. disconnecting, login issues, etc.) for a short-time period to effectively catch only the relevant time period, thus providing a short, helpful log.
    Last edited by jarvis; 12 Feb 2011 at 2:14 PM. Reason: update

Just want to say thanks cannot wait to see this get completed!

Will it be possible to migrate from the current nimus-jabber contacts to the new protocol easily? My miranda db is already loaded with hunderds of FB people. For start you can just go with basic chat. View online/away status and viewing avatars...all else is extra, not necessary. Also "view FB profile" will be fine...it is very easy.

There are one/few similar topics on FB here on this forum. I hope you are aware of it, there are some ideas there already.

I already have protocol icons for this in Tango style ;)

Sounds great! Držim palce ;)

I would second this motion.. I think it will be relatively easy, because the Jabber ID (jid) always starts with the Facebook Code Number like
    [email protected], a filter for that should be easy to implement...
    If u need help about more details in the Database, I would volunteer to help..

Quote Originally Posted by vlatko View Post
    Will it be possible to migrate from the current nimus-jabber contacts to the new protocol easily? My miranda db is already loaded with hunderds of FB people. For start you can just go with basic chat. View online/away status and viewing avatars...all else is extra, not necessary. Also "view FB profile" will be fine...it is very easy.

There are one/few similar topics on FB here on this forum. I hope you are aware of it, there are some ideas there already.

I already have protocol icons for this in Tango style ;)

Sounds promising! Let us know when/if you need testers.

I'm sure your aware of it, but if not, there's a Facebook plugin for Pidgin, and sources can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-face...downloads/list

I'm not a coder, so don't know if that was helpful or not, but I suppose it couldn't hurt ;)

are you going to relaese an alphaversion soon?

I might be able to help you out on the REST side of things.

yaaayy thank you! do you have an idea when it'll be complete?

I guess he'll inform us when he has something to inform ;) keep it cool guys.