Miranda IM

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Protocol Discussion

Hi Gena01! I just wanted to thank you for adding DYXY's patch.

BTW, away messages when you are invisible make sense in ICQ, where can put some contacts in you visible list. Away messages are sent then only to those contacts when you are invisible (I guess both ICQ plugins work this way, but I cannot confirm it as i never log in as invisible). :-)
    Last edited by TioDuke; 27 May 2005 at 5:45 PM.

4.01build17-Yahoo issues

Just upgraded to the last "nightly" and I have a bizarre Yahoo bug: out of the blue the message I send to my contact pops up in a different window where the recipient is...myself! Not consistent, can't figure out what the trigger is since it happened with text and links too.
    Downgraded to 0.3.0.7 and I'm fine again (and it was fine with build 16 as well).

Quote Originally Posted by ipse
    Just upgraded to the last "nightly" and I have a bizarre Yahoo bug: out of the blue the message I send to my contact pops up in a different window where the recipient is...myself! Not consistent, can't figure out what the trigger is since it happened with text and links too.
    Downgraded to 0.3.0.7 and I'm fine again (and it was fine with build 16 as well).
    This is weird and it doesn't happen by me. Can you please e-mail me your VersionInfo report file and your network log.

Thank you,

Gena01

Quote Originally Posted by Gena01
    This is weird and it doesn't happen by me. Can you please e-mail me your VersionInfo report file and your network log.

Thank you,

Gena01
    Sorry Gena...I just saw ur message today. No need for further investigation: none of the subsequent nightlies had the issue.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by ipse
    Gena...any insight as of when do you think you can add support for chat? I have to switch between Miranda and Trillian because of this only reason. I'd gladly give up Trillian altogether :)

Thanks for the great work and improvements!
    I hate to insist...do you have an idea if this is going to happen? No clue how much coding is required..so it's a shot in the dark.
    To be clear on my question, since ppl have mis-read it: I'm talking about chat room creation and join.

Thanks

I know that chat is one of the most requested features, however it requires time and too big of a change for 0.4.0.1. I really don't want to hold back the whole release or miranda because of this. I can always release yahoo separately once 0.4.0.1 comes out.

0.4.0.1 release is so much better than 0.4, I am really excited and anxious for it to come out as the final release,

Gena01

Quote Originally Posted by Gena01
    I know that chat is one of the most requested features, however it requires time and too big of a change for 0.4.0.1. I really don't want to hold back the whole release or miranda because of this. I can always release yahoo separately once 0.4.0.1 comes out.

0.4.0.1 release is so much better than 0.4, I am really excited and anxious for it to come out as the final release,

Gena01
    Thanks for the quick reply....and I'm in full agreement with you. I started to use Miranda in January and the improvements I've noticed since then are significant.

Kudos.

Is
    MainMenu>Yahoo>Yahoo Mail
    supposed to open your mailbox (in IE)? or just check if you have msgs and then have a popup?

i am also wondering what the >refresh does.

Quote Originally Posted by ^thehatsrule^
    Is
    MainMenu>Yahoo>Yahoo Mail
    supposed to open your mailbox (in IE)? or just check if you have msgs and then have a popup?

i am also wondering what the >refresh does.
    But yahoo protocol shows emails notifications!, you have to get popups and newstatusnotify dll and that all.
    Last edited by ferchobahia; 11 Jun 2005 at 1:46 PM.

Gena01

I see when I try to send a file I get an error and told me that try latter, but never works...., I can receive files from the oficial yahoo! program.

I see that your yahoo is connecting to ft1.msg.vip.dcn.yahoo.com port 80 to send files but the oficial connect directly to the other IP trougth yserver.exe port 56605

I don't know if this could help you.

Thanks for all.