Miranda IM

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Protocol Discussion

File transfer problem

First I want to tell you tanks for all the work on this protocol!!!

But now I found that I can't send files, I can receive from the official messenger.

I read something about it, but can you tell me what happen and what can you do about it.

Thanks again Gena01

Quote Originally Posted by plastic
    Have you tried YahElite? It doesn't use much mem.. and you can use Miranda at the same time (if you just use yahelite for chat).
    Hmmm...interesting client. But I was actually looking for a client that works with Yahoo chat rooms. See, at work people are on Yahoo Messenger and I always have to switch to Trillian when I get an invite to join a room. I'd rather NOT do that :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

I know that you can do the best, but as you can see in the posts people start to find other programs instead Miranda to chat because people don't understand what happen, we only want a program that replace the originals Yahoo/MSN well, if we can't send files/ chat/ voice chat/ ....... so the only thing is change IM.

.. I was actually looking for a client that works with Yahoo chat rooms.
    It does, use Chat2 protocol and you can just use the chat part and remain on Miranda for IM. Unless you meant you want to be able to join chatrooms when you get an invite in Miranda..

I think the thing most people are failing to see is Miranda is at version 0.4 - not 1.0. It is still being heavily developed, and Gena only took on the Yahoo, from scratch mind you, about a year ago wasn't it Gena? We have only one person working on Yahoo, one person working on MSN, one person working on Jabber, one on IRC (do you see the pattern???), and they all work in their spare time. Developement because of this will be slow, but steady. By the time Miranda IM reaches version 1, I'm pretty sure you will see an end user IM product that has complete features (at least to the point where the devs wish to go).

Posting message like 'I wont use Miranda Im because of a lack of......' is not productive. If there is a feature you are excited about having in Miranda, and it isn't there yet - how bout borrow some books from your local library/Uni etc on coding, and give it a crack yourself. From when I first used Miranda around 3 years ago (I think it was that long ago), the Miranda team, despite working in their spare time, for no $$, have turned this messenger into one with a huge following and an ever increasing population of users, and, features have steadily increased too. If you dont wish to help with the coding, be patient. As my mother used to say - "All good things come to those who wait".

-----
    Cheers,

AuSpLaYa
    ausplaya AT gmail.com
    http://www.aus1.info
    ----------------------

Yes please read the first post in this thread before you reply here. He is asking how the current build works for you, not whether you want it to have certain features.

The current protocol works fine.
    I still have some issues, but I'm not sure whose fault is:

-sometimes, offline messages are not delivered after first connection, or NOT ALL OF THEM are delivered. So I get 2-3 messages from one contact at first connection, then if I disconnect and reconnect, I get other messages from another contact, all of them dated BEFORE the time of the first connection. I would guess that this might be a server, not a protocol issue, but I had to spit it out here, if only for a confirmation from Gena01
    -having 3 Yahoo protocols connecting at once, sometimes the Yahoo server doesn't "like" that and one of the protocols doesn't connect, so I have to manually reconnect it after a minute or two (KeppStatus doesn't work very well in all cases, for me). This is somehow similar to the ICQ server "feature" that rejects you if you connect/disconnect too many times in a short period of time, because it happened in a similar situation, while testing a plugin and connecting/disconnecting a lot.
    My question would be if something can be done to the protocol so that if "feels" it's not the only one connecting, it would delay connection for 1-2 seconds; something like a connection hierarchy. I know this feature would belong to the connectivity plugins or the main core, but it would be more direct to add it in the protocol itself.

Quote Originally Posted by plastic
    It does, use Chat2 protocol and you can just use the chat part and remain on Miranda for IM. Unless you meant you want to be able to join chatrooms when you get an invite in Miranda..
    You got it: that's what I was looking for. Miranda detects the invite but no action can be taken to join. In MSN, a new "contact" is created (the chat room), but not in Yahoo...probably protocol implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugwash
    The current protocol works fine.
    I still have some issues, but I'm not sure whose fault is:
    The funniest one is the fact that I set myself invisible, but Miranda responds to "offline" messages with the utoresponse...so much for invisibility when ppl know exactly when u log in :)
    There are workarounds...and some things I've learned to live with (so far).

Ipse
    PS. Salut ;)

Ok. I just committed a load of status related fixes. It includes a variation of the patch by DFYX. (Thanx DFYX for the code) Also fixed and cleaned up some other small things. Going to run this through some tests and see if I didn't break anything. If it looks good, then I might release an update to the file listing.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i tookout that INVISIBLE status from "Status Messages" list. Wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. SRawaymsg is too stupid anyway. (I might ask for SRawayMsg to get this fixed, like getting Invisible msg for any protocol doesn't make sense. Or does it?)

Gena01