Miranda IM

Thread: BBCode Support in TabSRMM vs. IEView

BBCode Support in TabSRMM vs. IEView

In Messages Sessions > IEView > General, there is an option for Enable BBCodes. (I have this setting checked)

In Message Sessions > General (running TabSRMM), there is an option for Send Text Formatting (off or BBCode). (I have BBCode selected for this setting)

I was wondering if both IEView and TabSRMM support BBCode independently and, if so, which one is "doing the work" if both of these settings are enabled. Or if IEView is doing the work and that TabSRMM setting just allows it or prevents it?

Also, is there a way to add extra BBCodes for more than the basic tags that are currently supported? For example, QUOTE or STRIKE?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kmb63 View Post
    In Messages Sessions > IEView > General, there is an option for Enable BBCodes. (I have this setting checked)

In Message Sessions > General (running TabSRMM), there is an option for Send Text Formatting (off or BBCode). (I have BBCode selected for this setting)

I was wondering if both IEView and TabSRMM support BBCode independently and, if so, which one is "doing the work" if both of these settings are enabled. Or if IEView is doing the work and that TabSRMM setting just allows it or prevents it?
    It depends on what plugin is being used to render the message log as far as I know.

If you select "IEView" as your global message log display in tabSRMM options (Message Sessions >> Message Log), you need to enable the IEView BBCode support. If you select "Default", you need to enable the tabSRMM BBCode support.

Quote Originally Posted by kmb63 View Post
    Also, is there a way to add extra BBCodes for more than the basic tags that are currently supported? For example, QUOTE or STRIKE?
    You could try asking the developer in the appropriate discussion thread.

Thanks for the info, Tara!

from the code:

[b],[i], [u], [s], [color=XYZ];[/b],[/i], [/u], [/s], [/color]

XYZ=red,blue,green,magenta,yellow,cyan,black,white
    and * / _ (This are not BBCode , it's named simple text format, *=bold, /=italic, _=underline, e.g. *bold* = bold)

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwebpage View Post
    from the code:

[b],[i], [u], [s], [color=XYZ];[/b],[/i], [/u], [/s], [/color]

XYZ=red,blue,green,magenta,yellow,cyan,black,white
    and * / _ (This are not BBCode , it's named simple text format, *=bold, /=italic, _=underline, e.g. *bold* = bold)
    Right, [s][/s] can already be used for strike. Thanks for pointing that out, Peter :)

As for the simple text format, it may be a good idea to add that IEView does not support it (yet?). Perhaps it would be possible to make it work using a specifically created template though ... not sure :S

About ieview and this */_ , IEVIew support javascript, therefore I think this is possible. (btw, IMHO nConvers support this too)

But, I must admit, I am not very pleased with this kind of stuff, I still wait for HTML support, because this is the only format which is used from some protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwebpage View Post
    About ieview and this */_ , IEVIew support javascript, therefore I think this is possible.
    Yes, that's what I meant. But even in that case it would work for templates only, so if someone's using IEView with e.g. an external css file only, they would need to convert the css to such a template then (or switch to an existing template with simple text formatting support - if there is any).

Just wanted it to be clear in case one of the thread readers was going to give it a try :)

I knew about the others but had not even tried [s] for strikethrough. I was using [strike] as that is what I'm used to on my vB forum. Thanks again for all the info. :)