Miranda IM

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Xfire Protocol Discussion

feature request: history import ?! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Targaff View Post
    I'm not sure harassing people about licence issues before a test version has even been released is really the way forward. It's clear from earlier posts that he's already aware of the potential licence requirements.
    No one harassing him, he wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by donkEE View Post
    i dont know much about gnu license.
    So i just save some time for him, because reading whole license require some time ;)
    And also that prevent him from licence violation, because if he don't want publish sources, he shouldn't release it, but at the same time he still can use it by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by speedo_o View Post
    feature request: history import ?! xD
    You can use mBot for that, just take any history import script and change it a bit.
    IMHO that feature shouldn't be inside protocol plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Veif View Post
    also that prevent him from licence violation, because if he don't want publish sources, he shouldn't release it
    That might be useful if that was what the license actually required, but strictly speaking it's not.

Either way, though, it's a bridge to be crossed when you come to it - getting bogged down in it at this point is only going to be counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Veif View Post
    You can use mBot for that, just take any history import script and change it a bit.
    IMHO that feature shouldn't be inside protocol plugin.
    thx for the information :) in this case a implemented import feature is really not necassary. history is a one time job for which you can "install" mbot and run the script :)

would be nice such a plugin.

But as mentioned before, won't there be any problems using the xfire lib ? Does the user has to install xfire in order to use the plugin (to get the lib and ini file) ?? (legal isseu)

The "games list" is updated verry often (together with the whole complete programm), that won't be simple to do i think.

any test alpha build would be nice te see this little mirracle work !!

the xfire lib is statically-linked into the plugin, this lib was developed by Herbert Poul(http://xfirelib.sphene.net/wiki/show/Start). u need only the plugin dll, nothing more.
    u dont need the icons.dll and the xfire_games.ini to run the plugin, but it will enable more feature's like gamedetection/gameicon and readable gamestatus.

yesterday was a xfire update, with new games.ini and icons.dll, but i forgot to start a sniffer to get needed xfirepackets for the update detection. maybe i'll find out in future.

Quote Originally Posted by donkEE View Post
    the xfire lib is statically-linked into the plugin, this lib was developed by Herbert Poul(http://xfirelib.sphene.net/wiki/show/Start). u need only the plugin dll, nothing more.
    u dont need the icons.dll and the xfire_games.ini to run the plugin, but it will enable more feature's like gamedetection/gameicon and readable gamestatus.

yesterday was a xfire update, with new games.ini and icons.dll, but i forgot to start a sniffer to get needed xfirepackets for the update detection. maybe i'll find out in future.
    ...sounds good, but what about a little peek/alpha test build ??

proooo alpha testing !!!

:-)

ok, but would be nice to have something (to begin with) that shows who is online and what is he/she playing........ (to keep the intrest high so to speak)