Miranda IM

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: IRC Protocol Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by zerogravity View Post
    Tara, I rand the db tool; No change. Where do I get the network log that you were talking about?
    See the "Help Resources" sticky please: http://forums.miranda-im.org/showthread.php?t=11975

Alright I tried something, I changed the name of the plugins renamed them to the networks I used them for and that did the trick. I'm guessing there was some sort of registry issue or something.

Well, that's not a fix, but more like a workaround.

To make sure you won't have any more problems in the future with newer plug-ins named as before, you might wanna backup the current database profile, install Database Editor++, open it from Main Menu, go to the Settings branch and delete the IRC2 and IRC3 (and associated IRC2P2P and IRC3P2P, if I recall correctly - or is that for AIM only?) modules completely.

That should erase any previous settings for the old plug-in names. You may then check - if only for the heck of it - by renaming the plug-ins as they were before: IRC.dll, IRC2.dll, IRC3.dll. This time there should be no problem.

If there still is, then there must be a bug somewhere (in the core or elsewhere) that would have to be found and ironed out. So we'd be grateful if you could perform this test and post back with the results.

Thank you!

IRC protocol died on me

Well, I used /quit in a room, and ever since then, I can't get the IRC protocol to connect anymore. All the options aside from Quick Connect are disabled, the status buttons for IRC do not do anything, and even setting the server window to show up at startup only gives me the window. No commands do anything. What can be done short of wiping my profile at this time to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyntalan View Post
    Well, I used /quit in a room, and ever since then, I can't get the IRC protocol to connect anymore. All the options aside from Quick Connect are disabled, the status buttons for IRC do not do anything, and even setting the server window to show up at startup only gives me the window. No commands do anything. What can be done short of wiping my profile at this time to fix it?
    Post the screenshot of your Options->Network->IRC options window...

Hi.

I'm a irc-admin and use your IRC-protocol with miranda. As admin you sometimes have the possibility to do "oper override" that means: Although you are voiced or below you can halfop/op/admin or kick/ban... yourself or the status of another user if needed.
    Now with the new version sipped with #5 it seems not to be possible. I must do "mode <channel> +o <nick>" manually. it was so comfortable before :D
    Every well configured IRC-server does not allow to do this if you do not have the correct rights. So I guess your idea to gray out "unneeded" functions is not that good (redundant). May you revert to the "old" behaviour? Do you know what I mean otherwise ask me?
    Thanks so far.

edit:
    Found a bug! I use SSL connections in IRC. If you change something under protocol-irc it affects the database and therefore it seems it disables SSL. If I try to enable it, miranda crashes. Can anyone confirm? (IRC #5 downgraded to #4 and it works)
    Last edited by Snoopotic; 23 Dec 2007 at 4:45 PM.

Is it possible to allow miranda automaticly routate the connected server inside the server list if the connection was abort, insted of trying to reconnect?

Ive search for it, but i did not find any usefull information.

Can someone confirm that since build XYZ IRC have connection problems when I set it to online at miranda startup?
    -Sometimes it connect only to the server and not execute the join commands
    -Sometime it connects with one IRC.DLL, execute the join commands for this IRC.DLL, but stay offline with the second IRC.DLL
    -Very rarely it works without any problems, all 3 IRC.DLLs goes online and all join commands gets execute.

My first thought was a Internet bandwidth problem at startup (I have miranda in autostart), but I now use the windows task scheduler and start other "Criticial" applications like, Newsreader, Outlook, EMule with a 5 minutes delay without a success,
    and I have a new Internet connection with more speed in the meantime (Old 6000 bit/s new 16000 bit/s)

I don't know exactly how long since this behavior occur, but it occur since the last 1-3 miranda builds and it works before.

I ask if someone can confirm this, because if I am the only one I must search on my system...

Peter

Ive use 6 irc plugins parallel and upgrade to every available build. But i havent problems like this. Maybe you should try to change to another irc server of the network you connected with.

I'm having a problem with IRC protocol: I don't see notices i send to other users. They see it and i see incoming, but not outgoing. Is that a bug or i just have to turn on option for displaying outgoing notices?