Been trying to track this problem down all night with the help of eyecue on the #miranda irc channel, but to no avail.
Basically, file transfers from miranda over XMPP (jabber) seems to fail whenever the other client is non-miranda. When sending from miranda to gaim the transfer fails with 2001 bytes remaining on all samples on linux, and 1995 bytes on windows.
We have tested extensibly, using both windows and linux clients for the receiving end, and it always results in a failure. With gaim, most of the file gets through, with the other clients it fails, sometimes without even notifying about the filetransfers, and sometimes without accepting it.
We used 4 different systems, each with a direct, non-nat:ed and non-firewalled connection to the internet. All 4 systems have got their own public IP, so this is not a case of badly configured settings in either of the clients.
Here are the results of our testing:
Has anyone else experienced problems with file transfers to clients other than miranda? We've kinda exhausted the list of jabber clients here :)pidgin (win32) -> pidgin (win32): Works (2000kb/s)
pidgin (linux) -> pidgin (linux): Works (2000kb/s)
miranda -> miranda: works (20kb/s)
miranda -> pidgin (linux): Fails at 2001 bytes remaining
miranda -> pidgin (win32): Fails at 1995 bytes remaining
pidgin (linux) -> miranda: Works (100kb/s)
miranda -> psi (linux): Fails without notification
miranda -> psi (win32): Fails without notification
miranda -> gajim: Fails without notification
pidgin (win32) -> miranda: Fails with "waiting for connection..."
miranda -> spark: Fails with error message on receiving end
miranda -> gossip: Fails without notification
miranda -> kopete: Fails without notification