Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
LogService plugin discussion
Miranda IM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LogService plugin discussion

LogService plugin discussion

This is a service plugin that allows other plugins to log to files easily. It takes care of "unicodeness" of log files, allows to limit log size and to change log file name. Also it supports Folders and Variables plugins. With the help of Variables plugin it's possible to customize log format according to your preferences, and to log to different files and even folders depending on some conditions.

Currently it's supported by NewAwaySystem, ClientChangeNotify and XStatusNotify plugins.

download Unicode build (Windows XP/2000/NT)
    download ANSI build (Windows 95/98/ME)

screenshot
    Last edited by Deathdemon; 19 Oct 2007 at 1:54 PM.

nice plugin. but at the moment i just switched to history keeper plugin which does not support your plugin yet.
    but on the screenshot i saw that there is newawaysys, too. this would be really interesting for me, as i like to have a statusmessage-read-log for every day. with newawaysys this couldn't be realized.
    is this a new version of the plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by -=IOI=- View Post
    but on the screenshot i saw that there is newawaysys, too. this would be really interesting for me, as i like to have a statusmessage-read-log for every day. with newawaysys this couldn't be realized.
    is this a new version of the plugin?
    of course. wait for a release, it will be soon.

I suppose the core should add support for it, in order to have Received Files and Network Log paths customizable per profile as it should've been from the very beginning?

Coincidentally, I also switched to History Keeper recently, trying to get rid of multiple notification plug-ins. Hopefully there will be some consensus reached regarding the best logging method and there will be only one such service.

I might try the new NAS version when it comes out, however, as this SimpleAway is killing me, missing Winamp song/status changes.

Keep up the good work! ;-)

I don't know what the others think, that is only my stupid opinion,
    but something is wrong here.

Why I need
    Log Service AND Custom Profile Folder Plugin ?

Maybe ask eblis if you can reuse the code, or something like this, but TWO services/places where I can define the Path for something?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwebpage View Post
    Maybe ask eblis if you can reuse the code, or something like this, but TWO services/places where I can define the Path for something?
    These are two completely different plugins. And besides, LogService supports Custom Profile Folders plugin (i.e. you can set the root folder for all your LogService logs there, in Folders plugin).
    The main LogService function is not "defining path for something", but handling logs as a whole.

If the code is clean and not too "heavy", I suppose someday it could be added to the core, as it's a good (and needed) improvement. But only time will tell...
    For now, it's good to have such service and I really hope plug-ins and core will make use of it.

Deathdemon, we have a small problem with your download links.

The german miranda board has an update section where new plugins are gathered together. But for some reasons for a couple of days the download links to your plugins are rejected (Error 404), though they are only copied from your first posting...

Is the german site blocked as a refferer or what? Your links here on the board are working properly.

The update section is located here: http://forum.miranda-im.de/index.php...28458#msg28458
    Last edited by R(i)SK; 29 Sep 2007 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R(i)SK View Post
    for some reasons for a couple of days the download links to your plugins are rejected (Error 404), though they are only copied from your first posting...
    oops.. try now

Thanks, works like a charm again. ;)