Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jabber Protocol Discussion - Page 3
Miranda IM

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabber Protocol Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwebpage View Post
    someone ever get an IRC Chat with an IRC to work?

The transport ask me for a nickname and I can enter a charset, but what next?

Peter
    Dunno about regular irc transports(I think it's jajcus), but py-irct rules. Go to Jabber > Multi-User conference > type irc.jabber.darkskies.za.net > Join > fill fields eg. #miranda%irc.freenode.net
    Don't change the Conference server field, but User and Password are accepted(if you're registered to your irc server).
    BTW afaik irc commands are not accepted, so don't even try stuff like /nickserv, but /me works

Hello,
    For me it looks feature "grant authorisation" in the contact's context menu does not seem to work. Here are the steps: user A finds and adds user B into his contactlist sending authorization request as well as "you were added". User B receives authorization request from user A and accepts it. At this point user A has user B in his contactlist and looking into user details he can see subscription type: to. User B has user A in his contact list and can see subscription type: none in the user details. When user A tryes to use that grant authorization thing nothing seems to change in the user B's contact list even after looking into user A's details. Can anyone try to reproduce this or correct me if it should work some other way? I solved it by asking user B to readd user A into his contact list.

BTW afaik irc commands are not accepted, so don't even try stuff like /nickserv, but /me works
    You should work with services (NickServ, Chanserv) via private messages using /quote command, for exampple private message to Nickserv: "/quote nickserv identify bla-bla" will authorize you.

process bar?

Hello,
    referring to my previous post (deleted from me) about problems with conference.jabber.org, the server have too many rooms therefore it take some times to get the list, and I closed the dialog too quickly,
    It would be nice if I could see somewhere that something happens or not. For example, when I enter jabber.miranda.org in the conference room dialog, I see no differents if the agent exist or not, nor the data field is not complete yet.

Peter

Sorry, but again, something seem to be wrong, with miranda and the jabber avatar:

result on the other side (In Userdetails, messagewindow, contactlist):

Or is that the result of this new AVS system?

EDIT: Forget it, it must be a server side issue.
    (Thief see the left picture)

EDIT 2:I have changed my photo now, avatar->wayne grayscale, photo->wayne colored. (If someone from my contacts read this post and is confuse about the rigth picture)

Edit 3:
    My Login/userdir Server: Jabber.ru
    receiver with the wrong display: jabber.org or alpha-labs.net
    receiver with the correct display: jabber.kiev.ua
    Last edited by Lastwebpage; 7 Jun 2007 at 8:27 PM.

result on the other side (In Userdetails, messagewindow, contactlist)
    is that contact using gtalk or usual jabber?

both sides
    jabber.dll v.0.7.0.9 [28 May 2007] - Jabber Protocol |Unicode aware| from #29

You have add me Thief, what picture can you see?

Peter

You have add me Thief, what picture can you see?
    I see your avatar, not the photo.

Today someone told me a little secret, I am sure not everyone here knows this.
    If you search for a puplic server with support for a special agent/transport, you can try the link:
    https://www.xmpp.net/tags/TAGNAME

e.g.:
    https://www.xmpp.net/tags/rss, https://www.xmpp.net/tags/irc

(The list is not complete, e.g. https://www.xmpp.net/servers/jabberquebec-net have an IRC transport too, but better than nothing and for me it's easier than the search)
    Last edited by Lastwebpage; 8 Jun 2007 at 2:18 PM.

Hi.
    I have problem with Jabber compile from miranda svn with my Visual Studio 2005. It return this error:
    Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflateInit_ jabber_zstream.obj
    Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit_ jabber_zstream.obj
    Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflateEnd jabber_zstream.obj
    Error 4 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd jabber_zstream.obj
    Error 5 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflate jabber_zstream.obj
    Error 6 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflate jabber_zstream.obj
    I'm beginner in programing in c++ so i have a little problem with this :)