Miranda IM

Page 3 of 232 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MSN Protocol Discussion

I do not believe AutoLoadAvatars plugin is supported any more.
    LoadAvatars (AVS) does all image manipulations and avatar management, and since next nightly will provide all the GUIs (avatar setting, deleting, viewing), MSN just downloading images and handle avatar advertisement on MSN network that's it. AVS is going to be part of the core and all compatibility testing done only with it.

I have been doing most of MSN development for nearly a year but became official maintainer only since January.

Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    I do not believe AutoLoadAvatars plugin is supported any more.
    I don't use AutoLoadAvatars to "load avatars" but just the "history" part of it (avatars are loaded by AVS and automatically stored by ALA) :-)

I haven't switched to the "Avatar History" plugin just because ALA has been working perfectly until last testing build..

Quote Originally Posted by souFrag View Post
    I don't use AutoLoadAvatars to "load avatars" but just the "history" part of it (avatars are loaded by AVS and automatically stored by ALA) :-)

I haven't switched to the "Avatar History" plugin just because ALA has been working perfectly until last testing build..
    You mentioned bmp files, bmp files are not stored any more by MSN (it stores only png or jpg) you need to delete all of them and make MSN reload all avatars.
    Last edited by borkra; 11 May 2007 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    You mentioned bmp files, bmp files are not stored any more by MSN (it stores only png or jpg) you need to delete all of them and make MSN reload all avatars.
    ok thx, that may be the problem :-)

is this just since last test build?? (not-bmp files i mean..)

No last 3 builds.

Quote Originally Posted by akustyk View Post
    Reason: I leave miranda running 24 hours per day, so I often don't see the notifications, and I'm not the only one that use the computer, so I can't set up a long time for the notification's popup.
    Wow, that's amazing. I can't do that, Miranda consumes a ton of system resources to the point where nothing is usable, have to restart it every couple hours. Are you using a custom build?

Quote Originally Posted by Agret View Post
    Wow, that's amazing. I can't do that, Miranda consumes a ton of system resources to the point where nothing is usable, have to restart it every couple hours. Are you using a custom build?
    Mine is running for days too. And no it's a normal released build. You probably get a plugin or few which is not behaving as it should you need to find it and eliminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agret View Post
    No. I'm using the stable release (6.8) and few plugins. Usually it takes 4 or 5 days to crash, and it uses less than 15 MB of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by akustyk View Post
    No. I'm using the stable release (6.8) and few plugins. Usually it takes 4 or 5 days to crash, and it uses less than 15 MB of memory.
    I am not sure how it's related to what I said. 0.6.8 is very stable build and it's running for days too.

hi

For the last few dev releases of miranda, 0.7a26 and back a few releases until maybe 0.7a23 as 0.7a22 works, my avatar does not show up in my details plugin 0.0.1.4. it works for other protocols i use, yahoo, jabber and jqmail. i know its not the end of the world but i'm having to set it when i log in then on next restart it has disappeared again.

anyone else get this?

cheers
    dazbo