Miranda IM

Page 2 of 232 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: MSN Protocol Discussion

Feature request

Hi

Could you include in your todo list an option to store the last 'X' email notifications in history?

Reason: I leave miranda running 24 hours per day, so I often don't see the notifications, and I'm not the only one that use the computer, so I can't set up a long time for the notification's popup.

And maybe an option to see that missed notifications, so we don't need to use history++ or tabsrmm to see them.

Thanks

It seems to me that what you really asking is to embed functionality of HMTrack plugin into MSN protocol, and I might do that.

@ akustyk

You can use popup history for that. Both popup plugins have it and it shows all popups since last miranda restart

@pescuma

I didn't know that, Obrigado! Yapp don't show all popups since last restart, but I can see the last 24 hours, for me it's enough.

@brokra

Thank you anyway for your good willing, as usual.

Boris, HMTrack function would be welcome inside the MSN protocol, and if I'm not mistaken, it's been promised long time ago. Dunno how easy would be to port it though, since AFAIK, HMTrack is coded in ASM. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Drugwash View Post
    Boris, HMTrack function would be welcome inside the MSN protocol, and if I'm not mistaken, it's been promised long time ago. Dunno how easy would be to port it though, since AFAIK, HMTrack is coded in ASM. ;-)
    :) Idea of HM track will be taken not implementation, although this functionality is not the first priority.

Yeah, I know. It would have saved you some time though, if it was compatible code.

Thank you for considering the idea and for your overall work with Miranda.

Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    3. Login dialog.
    Are you aware of http://addons.miranda-im.org/details...ewfile&id=1705 ?

Maybe it could be (partly) merged.. :)

And BTW I always wonder why MSN is the only miranda protocol with optional "popups when user is typing", maybe this feature should be removed since there is even a stand-alone-plugin for that...

Quote Originally Posted by FREAK_THEMIGHTY View Post

I hope so :).

And BTW I always wonder why MSN is the only miranda protocol with optional "popups when user is typing", maybe this feature should be removed since there is even a stand-alone-plugin for that...
    Ok they will be gone.

Well I've noticed some weird behavior in avatars since yesterday when I upgraded to latest test build (#26).

I don't know whether I should post this on the Avatar Service thread or here...

I didn't noticed it right away but when I was looking at the avatar history (from AutoLoadAvatars.. yes, I know it's supposed to be disabled by the core, but it works fine for storing avatars).

Some avatars where stored like this:
    http://www.felipebrahm.com/temp/foro...021h05m35s.bmp
    And they where supposed to be like this:
    http://www.felipebrahm.com/temp/foro...020h54m32s.bmp
    (i've got 5 mixed up avatars from two different users)
    (those are the original files, so you may download them and check if you can see why they are kind of corrupted)

I haven't got a network log, but I just wanted to post this to see if anyone has had the same problem...

--

Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post

I hope so :).
    This has been talked about before... But ghazan never merged it with msn.dll because a standard login manager and account setup for all protocols is supposed to be in the TODO list of miranda for a long time :-)

Anyway, I still think this should be merged with msn.dll.. and then just delete it when the standard login manager is created.

PS: borkra, I haven't noticed that you've taken over MSN development :-)... Probably since February (looking at the changelog..)... right??