Miranda IM

Page 224 of 230 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2291

Thread: MSN Protocol Discussion

I'm using Miranda v.0.9.47 with clist_modern contact list plugin and expert options showing. I have an option checked in the MSN account tab to "disable all contacts not included on my contact list". The spammers are still showing up as having added me. The names are greyed out but appear on my contact list with no notice. Is there another ignore option? My MSN server list tab is jam packed with these names from having to continually delete and block them. It's gotten to the point I'm ready to give up on MSN entirely but I've had a hotmail account since the 1990's and use Miranda as my only "new mail" notifier.

Please provide network log from the before login, and email of the contacts you have problems with. Contacts that are already on your list, need to be deleted manually.

And one more thing, this option need to be checked when you are online.

Hello, using Miranda 0.9.47 (unicode) and MSN 0.9.47.0 with Windows XP SP3. I haven't changed anything about my configuration for about one year, apart from updating plugins and main program as suggested by the updater. I will post version or whatever is needed on request.

My problem: I am not able to transfer files via MSN plugin. Or, to be more precise: outgoing usually works (not always, but it might be a connection issue). Incoming never works: the other party gets a "transfer refused" message without me receiving any notification about the attempted transfer.

Any ideas what's going on?

Network log?

Here is an example of the other side receiving a "file transfer refused" message withouth any warning or notice to me.

http://pastebin.com/S5eDG7Zy

This log stopped in the middle of login sequence. It's likely too long for pastebin. Just zip the fiile and attach it to the post.

Oh, silly me. Here's a new one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, you get media transfer request, MSN does not support that. It would not happen if person on the other side would try to transfer the file not content of the file. (Like pasting image itself into the message window.

Quote Originally Posted by borkra View Post
    Yes, you get media transfer request, MSN does not support that. It would not happen if person on the other side would try to transfer the file not content of the file. (Like pasting image itself into the message window.
    Aha, thanks Borkra, I see.
    It used to work before; I guess M$ changed something in the protocol to keep you all busy >:O

I never used MS's client (only Miranda, right from the start ehe!) so I have no clue about MS's UI:
    how should I instruct my contacts so that they send the file and not its contents?
    In other words, can you please suggest a simple description/instruction about how to do it right,
    suitable for a computer-illiterate person using MS's client?

Take a file and drop it on the message window, or use file send menu.