Miranda IM

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Important Plugin Changes For Plugin Authors

wrappers are a possibility, but also add an additional layer not really needed. Far from my intentions to ask the developers to justify their decisions - is this hard step really necessary? what are the advantages?

Quote Originally Posted by eblis View Post
    They're not necessarily invalidated. A plugin could be deleveloped to bridge the gap between old and new plugin loading mechanisms.
    But I'm afraid there will probably be no one who would take care of plugins like TopToolbar which have not been developed for a long while now. And in case of plugins whose source code is closed, the chance is even slimmer.

:(

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    But I'm afraid there will probably be no one who would take care of plugins like TopToolbar which have not been developed for a long while now. And in case of plugins whose source code is closed, the chance is even slimmer. :(
    Indeed. I guess that about 90% of the plugins will have to be removed from the file listing as they are not developed anymore and/or their authors have just vanished...

It should be possible to create a plugin that works with other plugins without needing their source code. I already have an ideea on how this could be done without support from the core ... it's not pretty but it could get old plugins working.

Really? Eblis, that would be just excellent! :D

/me stops crying and starts keeping fingers crossed ...

yep, writing a wrapper is not impossible at all - a plugin that loads old-style plugins and works as a bridge between them and the core. But it's not exactly "clean" and nice. Will there be other changes in the new system, except the added GUID ?

See the original post for info on the MirandaPluginInterfaces function that has been added to the core and all core plugins.

__declspec(dllexport) PLUGININFOEX* MirandaPluginInfoEx(DWORD mirandaVersion)
    {
    return &pluginInfo;
    }
    Hi all,

i have a question.

Which format has the mirandaVersion from the Type DWORD.

I am just trying to get a version from a plugin calling the PLUGININFOEX function.

But i don't know how can i get the miranda version. Can someone give me an example how can look a returned version info.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Lotesdelere View Post
    I guess that about 90% of the plugins will have to be removed from the file listing as they are not developed anymore and/or their authors have just vanished...
    Maybe it's time to stop using these plugins. A plugin not developed anymore has a lot of chance to suffer from resources problems or incompatibility with other plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotesdelere View Post
    Indeed. I guess that about 90% of the plugins will have to be removed from the file listing as they are not developed anymore and/or their authors have just vanished...
    Maybe it's time to stop using these plugins. A plugin not developed anymore has a lot of chance to suffer from resources problems or incompatibility with other plugins.
    But some of them still work fine.