Miranda IM

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HistoryStats discussion

i just realized that if "log status changes" (in TabSRMM) is/was enabled it kills the whole point in using this plugin
    the numbers of the bytes, chats , messages, Chat durations, common words, When, Timeline....it's all false because the status changes are included :/

Thanks for releasing your plugin. One question though, what is meant with "Chats"? Whats the time interval for chats? The chat duration graph also doesn't show any times, don't know whats wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PROGAME
    i just realized that if "log status changes" (in TabSRMM) is/was enabled it kills the whole point in using this plugin
    the numbers of the bytes, chats , messages, Chat durations, common words, When, Timeline....it's all false because the status changes are included :/
    Sure..?
    Status changes are not logged as regular history... (And thereby maybe excluded)

Or did I misunderstand your post..? :-S

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2
    Sure..?
    Status changes are not logged as regular history... (And thereby maybe excluded)

Or did I misunderstand your post..? :-S
    since a word like "signed" is one of the most commonly used words in most of my logs LOL even if i only use Hebrew with that contact... i think they are :)

i have the log status changes on in TabSRMM, the status changes in open tabs are logged as Incoming Messages

But isn't it so that there is a setting to ignore certain words? Why not put those words related to status changes to that list?

there is? where? i must have looked for such an option quite a few times without seeing anything like that (+ it is not only a word, it's also a msg, a chat...)

Oops you are right that option is in "Log statistics" not in the "historystats". And anyways it can exclude only certains words, not msg:s, chats etc. Development needed here

@PROGAME:
    Yes, the plugins isn't really useful for you (and maybea other, too). There is currently no option for filtering words or complete messages. Is there a way to distinguish between real messages and those "special" messages? Or do we have to filter an messages basis with filters like "Filter all words containing '...'"? It is now on my TODO list but it will take me some time to implement this...

@mezziah:
    Chats are message sessions, i.e. flows of messages where the time between two messages is less than a given value. If the time between two messages is above this value, messages are considered belonging to different chats/sessions. You can adjust this threshold by changing the "Time between two chat sessions" setting.

There is currently no possibility to filter certain words or even messages. This is because HistoryStats is a complete rewrite and is only inspired by Log Statistics. Also, for status messages, filtering certain words will fix most common words statistics but will still falsify things like bytes, messages, chats, ...

Seems like there is also need for some documentation/FAQ. Lots of things to do...

they can only be distinguished by this pattern

signed on (Invisible)
    signed on (Online)
    signed off (was Away)
    is now Away (was Online)
    signed off (was Online)
    is now NA (was Online)
    signed off (was NA)
    is now NA (was Away)
    is now Online (was NA)
    is now Occupied (was Online)
    is now NA (was Occupied)